1st topic: Share your houserules!

General topics such as design philosophy, style, tone, and the like.

Moderator: GMSarli

Re: 1st topic: Share your houserules!

Postby RichLartz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:39 pm

When I started running SAGA edition, I changed the Force Points system and some of the vehicle combat system back to the revised rules, sort of.
I brought back the speed issue, i know it was a pain but i worked it out like this
Vehicle Addendum:
Starship/ Character scale spd Category RD PILOT PERCEPTION
1 / 1-6 Cautious -2 +2 +1
2-3/ 7-10 Cruising -- -- --
4-5/ 11-13 "Attack" +2 -2 -1
6+/14-16+ "Maximum Overdrive" +5 -5 -2
0/0 stopped -5 -- --

The med pac system, with the Treat Injury check was troublesome so I stole from KOTOR, kind of...

Med Pack/ Repair Kit: Restores 10 + result of Treat Injury / Mechanics check
Adv. Med Pack / Repair Kit: 20 + result of Treat Injury/Mechanics check and improves target condition by +1 (non-persistent)
Life Support Pack/Construction Kit: Restores 20 + result of Treat Injury/ Mechanics check and imrpoves target condition by +2 (will remove persistent conditions)

Also messed with the Force Points too...

I brought back the "WILD DIE" from the old d6 system
1st-7th lvl roll 1d6
8th-14th lvl roll 2d6
15th lvl + roll 3d6
Designate 1 die as the "wild die" if you roll a 1 or 6 on it, roll again and add any and all die rolls together. If you roll a 1 a complication occurs (GM discretion), if you roll a 6 you can keep rolling until you don't roll a 6 on the wild die, add them all together etc.. The idea of rolling again is that why should you get stuck with a 1 when you just used a Force Point? It seemed like a waste. They don't get to reroll a 6 if they rolled a one 1st so the best they could get is a 7 on an initial roll of one.
"There is no spoon."
RichLartz

Postby Tusserk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:35 am

Currently I am running a Star Wars SAGA - Dawn of Defiance campaign.

I only have 1 house rule at this time and the group is halfway through the Queen of Air and Darkness module.

Poker Chips: Awarded for exceptional Role Playing, awarded to whoever rolls a natural 20... PC gets a White Chip or GM gets a White Chip if the NPC rolls good, awarded if the GM rolls a natural 1... awarded 1 White Chip to each PC.

White Chips: can be used for a single reroll the Character performs. 3 White Chips can be traded in for 1 Green Chip
Green Chips: grants the Character a single Force Point that must be used within the encounter, can be used to force a single reroll for any NPC, can be traded to another PC for a White Chip. 3 Green Chips can be traded in for 1 Blue Chip
Blue Chips: grants the Character a single Destiny Point that must be used within the encounter, can be traded to another PC for a Green Chip. 3 Blue Chips can be traded in for 1 Red Chip
Red Chips: can be used to remove 1 Dark Side Point, can be traded to another PC for a Blue Chip

At the end of each module the chips left over must be divided in half (round down) and turned in. The remaining chips may be saved for the start of the next module or they may be traded in as well. Any chip turned in is given an experience point value and the Player adds that value to the final xp score.
White: 100 xp
Green: 200 xp
Blue: 400 xp
Red: 800 xp

I decided to add this house rule because of 1 very specific reason. Within the DoD campaign there is no way to get rid of Dark Side Points and 1 of the Characters decided to Coup de Grace several unconcious NPCs... due to the group, which included 2 Force Sensitives... 1 of which was a Jedi, standing by and letting him, I award 1 Dark Side Point per NPC to each Character.

After the game that night we discussed options to getting rid of Dark Side Points. I proposed this system and they have taken whole heartedly to it. I only award White Chips and they are almost ready to get rid of their first Dark Side Point.
"I am only Jai."
Jai Nari Ovus, <NS>, Star Wars Galaxies

"With victory, my chains are broken."
Dharau, The Unchained, Star Wars: The Old Republic

"Kill or be consumed."
Tyranid Army, Warhammer 40K
Tusserk

Postby madoule » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm

okay, well these are sorta house rules, that I was starting a game based on. They are not starwars gam houserules, but something I came up with and thought Id like to share it. This document is about a year old, and was never completed but maybe gary can make some use out of it? Some ideas in there at least.

http://home.roadrunner.com/~keyofsolomon/abilities.pdf

as for starwars, the few changes that I had made was this:

Trained skills go up like a good base attack bonus, untrained skills went up like a bad attck bonus. This solved about 90-95% of all of starwars initial front end problems with regards to skill checks, and their use.
Plus becuase it also scaled, there was always a slim chance that a hero untrained could overcome a DC, and always a better than 50/50% with trained characters at later levels, and beggining levels alike, which made
the entire rest of he game really nice. Thats about it. There wwere a couple of nerfs to other powers (like the one scoundril ability that allowed you to take a extra standard on a crit, which i reduced to once per round, as it was too
easy to set up a combo after JaTM to always insta kill anything. <serinety>, use it as a crit with like hawkbat, the scunril ability pops, x 3 tempered agressions, rinse repeat. It was really bad with three jedis using this trick.

Okay hope that helps! Also, im new to the boards so hi everyone! I just dontated! And I am more than willing to help out gary in any way!
madoule

Postby bbarlowglamdring » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:42 pm

As noted in another thread, we began using the following house rules to damage:

1) Add the weapon's base damage die maximum to your damage output for every 10 points by which you beat the target's Defense with your attack roll. For example, if your weapon's base damage is 2d8, for each 10 full points by which you beat the target's Defense with your attack roll, you would add 8 points to your damage total. (Thus, a 2d6+4 damage attack that beats the target's defense by 10-19 points becomes 2d6+10, and beating the defense by 20-29 points becomes 2d6+16, etc.). Critical hits are handled normally (either maximum damage or double damage based on the system) with the additional damage from the high attack roll (calculated as above) added after the final doubling or maximizing of the damage.

This has proven fun for us because A) it provides an exciting game-based benefit for having a high attack roll (those natural 18s and 19s are now even more exciting!), and B) it does not introduce any complex mathematics at the game table (this being a crucial consideration to us, as complex damage calculations really tend to reduce the excitement of a hit, because you have to wait longer to see what the actual effect of the attack is...).
bbarlowglamdring

Postby Darthmoe » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:26 am

I've been working on my own game that I call "Bloody 30s" and it basically borrows a little bit over everything, but it started out as a C0C d20 game that I did two things first I updated it to the modern 4.0/Saga rules, and second I made it so that the PCs could actually survive. Since it is meant to be grim and gritty game and CoC is known for being insanely lethal I went with the good old fashioned vitality point / wound point system with a couple of tweaks.

Firstly I implemented a graze wound system that allows me to get around one of the classic deficit of poison being nearly useless in the vitality point system. Basically heroic characters have a damage threshold = to their fortitude defense score -10 (maximum of 10). When they suffer equal to or above their damage threshold the GM can rule it a graze wound if appropriate, and the poison or whatever other special effect can take effect, but since graze wounds are not as effective as direct hits the defender gets a +2 bonus to the appropriate defense score (normally that would be his fortitude defense).

Secondly I cut down on the number of critical hits with three separate methods. My first method is that I said a natural 20 is not an automatic hit for the purposes of confirming a critical hit. So you either have to be good enough to hit a target with your natural attack bonus or else you can't score a critical hit against it. Secondly the critical hit confirmation rolls are weighted in favor of heroic characters. This means that a heroic character gets a +2 bonus to confirm a critical hit against a non-heroic character, but in contrast a non-heroic character receive a -2 penalty to confirm a critical against a heroic character. Finally if all else fails the heroic character can spend an action point to roll a saving throw (a 4.0 style saving throw) to turn the critical hit into a normal hit.

I also implemented healing surges for vitality points. Basically everyone gets 4 healing surges regardless of level, class, or constitution modifier and a healing surge allows you to fully restore VP after a minutes rest.

Another idea I had that I am very proud of and is heavily inspired by law enforcement training is the ability to shoot through cover. Hopefully it's not overly confusing. Anyway I divided cover and concealment into three levels instead of the traditional two. These rules are meant are meant for a modern a combat setting where armor isn't so great. As part of this system feats that completely ignore cover have been changed.

Concealment obscures the defender from the view of the attacker but there is nothing physical stooping the bullet. D&D erroneously refers to concealment as soft cover. Concealment works mostly the same as except that I nerfed the defense bonus from +2/+5 down to +1/+2. The real benefit of concealment is stealth, it's not so great for preventing you from getting shot.

Soft Cover are obstacles between the defender and the bullet that bullet sometimes easily, and sometimes not so easily can penetrate through. When confronted with shot soft cover the attacker has two options. Option 1 he can shoot around it, in which case soft cover is just like hard cover. Option 2 is that the attacker can shoot through the soft cover. If the attacker shoots through the soft cover than the GM treats the soft cover as concealment rather than cover. Should the attack still hit the defender than the damage of the attack is reduced by the hardness of the object, and any excess damage is then transferred to the defender. Critical hit become imposable if the attacker chooses to shoot through soft cover. Most examples of soft cover include glass window panes and windshields, wooden panels and doors, Sheetrock, drywall, and the like.

Hard Cover is cover that is strong a bullet can't penetrate through it. Some examples include heavy steel panels, the engine block of a car, trees, brick walls, bullet proof glass panels, large boulders, etc.
Darthmoe

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm a little late to the discussion, but here's some of the (many) house rules that I used for my most recent SWSE campaign...

As it turns out, this is a ginormous wall of text... *shrug*

Abilities
Assign your ability scores so that you have a total ability bonus of +8. Further, no ability score should be above 18, and no ability score should be below 6. Finally, you should have 3 even ability scores and 3 odd ability scores.

For instance, an ability score of 18 has an ability bonus of +4, so if your character were to have two ability scores of 18, that would result in a total ability bonus of +8. The remaining four ability scores should be 10 or 11... Like so... Strength 11 (+0), Dexterity 18 (+4), Constitution 10 (+0), Intelligence 11 (+0), Wisdom 18 (+4), Charisma 11 (+0).

Special, Droid Characters: Droid characters are assigned fewer ability bonus points, due to the advantages of being non-living. Droid characters use a total ability bonus of +7.

Assign Your ability scores before applying any adjustments for species.

Level Dependent Benefits
As your character increases in level, he gains several benefits that are common to all characters. Feats, Skill Bonuses, Defenses, Attribute Increases, and Attack Bonus

Attack Bonus: A character's attack rolls gain a bonus equal to one-half his level.
Skill Bonus: Each of a character's skills gains a bonus equal to one-half his level.
Defenses: Each of a character's Defenses gains a bonus equal to one-half his level.
Feats: Each character gains a feat at each level.
Talents: Each character gains a feat at 1st level, and at each even numbered level thereafter (2nd, 4th, 6th, etc.)
Attribute Increases: At every third level, each character may increase two of his attributes by one point.

Code: Select all
..... ..... Attack .... Defense ..... . Skill ..... .... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Attribute
Level .... Bonus .... . Bonus ..... .. Bonus ..... .. Feat ..... Talent ..... . Increase
 1           +0              +0              +0              1st          1st              -
 2           +1              +1              +1              2nd         2nd              -
 3           +1              +1              +1              3rd           -           1st, 2nd
 4           +2              +2              +2              4th          3rd              -
 5           +2              +2              +2              5th           -                -
 6           +3              +3              +3              6th          4th          3rd, 4th
 7           +3              +3              +3              7th           -                -
 8           +4              +4              +4              8th          5th              -
 9           +4              +4              +4              9th           -           5th, 6th
10          +5              +5               +5             10th         6th             -
11          +5              +5               +5             11th          -               -
12          +6              +6               +6             12th         7th         7th, 8th
13          +6              +6               +6             13th          -               -
14          +7              +7               +7             14th         8th             -
15          +7              +7               +7             15th          -           9th, 10th
16          +8              +8               +8             16th         9th             -
17          +8              +8               +8             17th          -               -
18          +9              +9               +9             18th        10th        11th, 12th
19          +9              +9               +9             19th          -               -
20         +10            +10              +10            20th        11th             -

Multiclass Characters
Hit Points: Each time you gain a new level, add the hit points for that class to your total hit points.
Base Attack Bonus: Your base attack bonus is determined by your character level, regardless of your classes.
Defenses: Your Base Defense is is determined by your character level. You gain the highest defense bonus provided to each of your defenses from any class that you possess, but the defense bonuses from different classes do not stack.
Skills: When you select a new class, you do not gain any new trained skills. However, your list of class skills expands to include those of the new class. If you take the Skill Training feat, you may choose your new trained skill from the class skill list of any class in which you have levels.
Starting feats: When you select a new class, you gain one feat from the list of starting feats. Alternatively, you may take the Skill Training feat to become trained in one of your new class skills.
Talents: When you gain a talent, you must take that talent from your current class (that is, the class that you take at the level that you gained the talent).

Trained Skills vs. Untrained Skills
When you create your character, you select a number of skills as trained skills. Your character receives a number of trained skills based on his character class and Intelligence modifier (minimum 1 trained skill). Trained skills are selected from among the character's list of class skills at first level, and a character may acquire new trained skills from among his class skills by taking the Skill Training feat. The major difference between a trained skill and an untrained skill is that you gain a +4 bonus on skill checks if you're trained in the skill. However, most skills have some uses that can only be attempted by trained users.

Skill List: Academics, Acrobatics, Athletics, Computers, Deception, Endurance, Focus, Initiative, Mechanics, Medicine, Networking, Perception, Persuasion, Pilot, Ride, Science, Stealth, Survival, Tactics, Use the Force.

[b]Academics (Int)[/b]
The academics skill reflects your knowledge of history, literature, legal procedures, mathematics, and so on.

Advocate: You may attempt to advocate for yourself or another in a legal trial.
Break a Secret Code (trained only): You can attempt to break a secret code.
Calculate Planetary Orbits (trained only, requires navicomputer): You may attempt to calculate the planetary orbits of a system that you are going to make a hyperspace jump to, in order to exit hyperspace in close proximity to one of the planets in that system.  Make an Academics check versus DC 20.  With success, you are able to accurately determine the location of the planets in the destination system.  If you fail the check by less than 5, you do not accurately determine the location of the planets in the destination system, but you notice your mistake, and may try again.  If you fail the check by 5 or more, you do no accurately determine the location of the planets, and do not recognize your mistake.  If you attempt a hyperspace jump in close proximity to one of the planets, you suffer a hyperspace mishap.
Creature Lore: You have some scholarly knowledge of various types of creatures. You may attempt to use Academics to recall Creature Lore for creatures of any type. The DC for doing so is 5 higher than if you were using a skill normally associated with a creature of that type.
Decipher Foreign Script: You can attempt to translate a document written in a language that you are not fluent in.
Expert Knowledge (trained only): You can make knowledge checks related to academic studies with a DC higher than 15. Areas of study to which this expert knowledge applies are: bureaucracy, galactic lore, and cultures.
Manage a Business: You can attempt to start and operate a business venture.
Speak a Foreign Language: You can attempt to speak to someone with whom you do not share a common language.

[b]Acrobatics (Dex)[/b]
The acrobatics skill reflects your learned physical agility. It is used to balance, jump, tumble, etc.

Avoid Being Tripped (trained only): You can make an Acrobatics check as a Reaction in place of the Strength or Dexterity check to avoid being knocked prone by a trip attack. You cannot use Acrobatics to make trip attacks, however.
Balance: You can walk on a precarious surface. A successful check allows you to move at one-half your speed along the surface as a move action. A failure indicates that you spend your move action just keeping your balance and do not move across the surface. A failure by 5 or more means that you fall. If you increase the DC of the check by 5, you may move at your full speed. Moving twice your speed requires two checks, one for each move action.
Cross Difficult Terrain: With a successful check versus a DC of 15, you can move through a square of difficult terrain at your normal speed. For each additional square of difficult terrain beyond the first that you wish to move through at your normal speed, add 5 to the DC of the check.
Defensive Stand (trained only): You can stand up defensively. When you take the Stand from Prone action, you may replace your Defense with your check result against any attacks of opportunity that you provoke when standing.
Falling: You can land on your feet and reduce the damage that you take after a long fall. For each point by which your check result exceeds 5, you reduce the distance fallen by one foot for the purposes of determining falling damage. If the distance fallen is reduced to zero, you take no damage, and you can remain standing after the fall. If you suffer any damage from the fall, you are also knocked prone.
Jumping: You can extend the distance that you can jump by one foot per point that your check result exceeds DC 15.
Maneuver: You can perform stunts and maneuvers with any personal vehicle. No check is needed to take a standard vehicle move, but a risky one – made during combat or a chase – requires a skill check. The DC of each maneuver check is determined by the maneuver you're attempting to perform. With success, you perform the desired maneuver without mishap; otherwise you fail to perform the maneuver, and your vehicle travels at its current speed in a random direction.
Move Through: You can attempt to move through a space occupied by your enemy. A DC 25 check allows you to move through a single occupied square. For each additional occupied square through which you wish to move, increase the DC by 5. Each occupied square that you move through in this way counts as 2 squares of movement.
Performance (trained only): You can use the Acrobatics skill as a Perform skill to impress an audience. The result of your performance depends upon your check result. See the Persuasion skill for more details.
Sky Dive: You can use a parachute to safely fall great distances, and land within a small area. A standard sky dive (jumping and opening your parachute at more than 1,000 feet) has a DC of 15 and a landing deviation of 150 feet. A HA/LO dive has a DC of 20 and a landing deviation of 100 feet. A base jump has a DC of 30 and a landing deviation of 50 feet. For each five points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you can reduce the landing deviation by ten percent of the landing deviation. On a failure, you take 1d6 points of damage per 5 points (or fraction thereof) by which your check result is short of the DC.
Tumble (trained only): You can tumble and roll to move through threatened squares defensively. When you provoke an attack of opportunity due to movement, you may replace your Defense with your check result for those attacks. Each square that you tumble through counts as two squares of movement.

[b]Athletics (Str)[/b]
The athletics skill is used to climb, swim, escape from grapples and wriggle through tight spaces.

Bind: This skill is used to blindfold, gag, or tie up a character (handcuffing or using other static restraints doesn't require a skill check). Your check result +10 becomes the DC opposed by the bound character's check made to escape the bonds.
Push: As a Standard action, you may attempt to push back one opponent that is up to one Size bigger than you.
Climb: With a successful climb check, you may move up, down, or across any surface with an incline greater than 60 degrees at up to one-quarter of your speed. The DC of the check depends on the circumstances of the climb. If you increase the DC of the check by 5, you can move at one-half of your speed. Moving your full speed requires two checks, one for each move action made climbing.
Escape: With a successful escape check, you may slip out of a tied bond or static restraint. Your DC is based on the nature of your restraints. When you try to escape a tied bond or static restraint without someone spotting you, you may also make a Stealth (conceal action) check, opposed by a Perception check made by each person with line of sight to you, as appropriate. If that check is successful, the observers did not notice your attempt.
Grapple: As a Standard action, you may attempt to wrestle with one opponent that is up to one Size bigger than you.
Maneuver: This skill check is used to maneuver on foot. No skill check is required to take a Standard Move action, but a risky one – made during a chase or in combat – requires a skill check. The DC of each maneuver check is determined by the maneuver you're attempting to perform. With success, you perform the desired maneuver without mishap; otherwise you fail to perform the maneuver, and fall prone in your current square.
Power Lifting (trained only): You may attempt to lift and carry more than normal. With a successful check versus a DC of 20, your Strength score is boosted by +2 for one minute – for the purposes of determining your carrying capacity only. For every 10 points by which your check result exceeds the DC, you may either boost your Strength score by an additional +2 for the purposes of determining your carrying capacity, or increase the amount of time by which your Strength score remains boosted by one minute. At the end of each minute (or portion thereof) during which your carrying capacity is boosted, you suffer 1d6 points of subdual damage per +2 boost to your Strength.
Smash: You may attempt to break one object or one self contained piece of scenery within a single square (such as a door) or one five foot piece of scenery (such as a wall).
Speed Push: You may attempt to increase your standard tactical speed temporarily. With a successful check versus a DC of 20, you increase your base land speed by 5 feet (one square). For every 5 points by which you exceed a DC of 20, you increase your base land speed by an additional 5 feet (one square). This increase in speed lasts until the beginning of your next turn. If you fail on the speed push check, you suffer, badly.
Sports: This check is used to resolve contests of competitive sports, from baseball to football to soccer to golf.
Swim: With a successful swim check, you may move up, down, or through a body of water at one-fourth your speed. Each swim check's DC is determined by the water conditions and how much you're carrying.

[b]Computers (Int)[/b]
The computers skill is used to program and hack computer systems.

Assemble Computer: You can assemble a computer that you have a design for (usually created via the Science skill).
Astrogate (trained only): You can navigate a safe course through hyperspace. Doing so usually requires one minute, at the end of which time you must succeed on a Computer Use check. Because every object in the galaxy is constantly in motion, the presice path between two locations changes from day to day. If the astrogator uses current data (no more than a day old), he can plot a safe course by making a Computers check versus a DC of 10. If the astrogator uses data that is more than one day old, but less than one week old, the DC to plot a safe course between two points is 15. If the data is more than one week old, but less than one month old, the astrogation DC is 20. If the data is more than one month old, but is less than one year old, the DC is 25. If the data is one year old or older, the DC is 30.
Several other factors can also alter the DC of the check. Using an advanced navicomputer grants a +5 bonus to the check, while using no navicomputer at all imposes a -5 penalty to the check. Following a major hyperspace lane reduces the DC of the check by 5, while traveling to an unknown region of the galaxy increases the DC by 5. If the astrogator wishes to rush the check, he can reduce the amount of time it takes to plot the course to five round by increasing the DC of the check by 5. Increasing the DC of the check by 10 allows the astrogator to plot the course in just two rounds.
If the Computers check is successful, the starship enters hyperspace without incident and arrives at its destination in a number of days equal to 1d8 x the ship's hyperdrive multiplier.
A failed check means that the astrogator has made a potentially dangerous error in his calculations. Make another Computers check using the same modifiers and against the same DC. If this second check is successful, the error is caught before entering hyperspace, and the process of plotting the course must begin anew. If the second Computers check fails, the starship moves -1 persistent step along the condition track and takes damage equal to 5% of its total hit points for every point by which the check failed (the persistent condition remains until until the ship is repaired of all damage caused by the mishap). If the ship is not disabled or destroyed, it arrives at the intended destination in double the expected travel time. If the ship is disabled, it drops out of hyperspace in a random location somewhere between the point of origin and the destination (the exact location is determined by the DM).
Trace Communication (trained only, requires [SOMETHING] kit): You can attempt to trace the point of origin of a communication that you receive. Make a Computers check opposed by a Deception check made by the commication's sender. If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you gain [SOMETHING SOMETHING].
Use Communications: As a Swift action, you can make a DC 5 Computers check to hail a vehicle;

[b]Endurance (Con)[/b]
The endurance skill is used to push your body beyond its physical limits, ignoring the need for food and water, and resisting physical and mental stress.

All-Nighter: You can remain awake and alert for a number of hours equal to twice your Constitution score. After this time, you must succeed at a Resolve check, DC 10 in order to stay awake. If you fail on this Resolve check, you are pushed one step down the Condition Track. Further, the condition is persistent, and cannot be restored until you rest for at least eight hours. Every two hours after your first check to pull an all-nighter, you must make another Resolve check with a DC equal to 10 plus the number of Resolve checks that you've previously made since you last rested for at least eight hours. If you are pushed to the bottom of the Condition Track due to failing this check, you fall asleep.
Endure Extreme Temperatures: Blah
Force March: Each hour of walking after eight hours requires you to attempt a DC 10 resolve check (+2 per each hour after the first check). If you fail this check, you are pushed one step down the Condition Track. Further, this condition is persistent, and cannot be restored until you rest for at least eight hours.
Hold Breath: You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution score. After this period of time, you must make a DC 10 Resolve check in order to continue holding your breath. The DC increases by +2 per additional round. If you fail, you must breathe or you are pushed one step down the Condition Track. Further, this condition is persistent, and cannot be restored until you can breathe again. If you are pushed to the bottom of the condition track due the failing a Resolve check made to hold your breath, you fall unconscious. If you are still unable to breathe on the round after you fall unconscious, you die.
Ignore Hunger: You can go without food for a number of days equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1 day). After this time, you must succeed on an Resolve check each day or you are push one step down the Condition Track. Further, this condition is persistent, and cannot be restored until you are able to eat. The DC is 10 on the first day and increases by +2 each day thereafter.
Ignore Thirst: You can go without water for a number of hours equal to three times your Constitution score. After this time, you must succeed on a Resolve check each hour or [blank]
Long Run: You can run for a number of rounds equal to twice your Constitution score. After this time, you must succeed on a Resolve check each round or [BLANK].
Resist Intimidation: Your Resolve check sets the DC for your opponent's Persuasion check to intimidate you.
Tread Water: You can tread water for a number of minutes equal to [BLANK]

[b]Focus (Wis)[/b]
The focus skill reflects your ability to hone your attention and perceptions down to a fine point, blocking out distractions and stilling your mind.

Aim: As a Move action, you can carefully line up your next attack. Make a Focus check vs DC 15. With a success, you gain a +1 to hit on your next attack. This bonus is lost if you do anything other than make an attack as your next action. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you gain an additional +1 to hit on your next attack.
Clear Your Mind: As a Full action, you may attempt to clear your mind, excluding outside influences that might affect your decision-making [something something].
Concentrate: You make a concentrate check whenever you might potentially be distracted while engaged in some action that requires your full attention. The DC to maintain concentration when you take damage from an attack or some other effect is equal to 10 plus one-half of the damage dealt.
Enter Trance (trained only): As a Full action, you can enter a trance with a DC 10 Focus check. In this state, you remain fully aware of your surroundings. Each hour you remain in this trance, you regain a number of hit points equal to your character level. You can emerge from the trance as a swift action. If you remain in the trance for four consecutive hours, you emerge from the trance fully rested (as though you'd rested for eight hours). While you're in a trance, you can go ten times as long without food, water, and air (see the Resolve skill).
Extra Effort: As a Full action, you can prepare yourself to make a supreme effort at a single task taking no more than one full round.
Perfect Recall (trained only): With one minute of concentration, you can enter a state of relaxed contemplation in which you have near-perfect recall of events that you experienced in the past.

[b]Initiative (Dex)[/b]
The initiative skill represents quickness of action and mind, and is primarily used to gain advantage in combat.

Avoid Feint: When an opponent attempts to feint in combat, you oppose his deception check with an initiative check. If you match or beat his check result, his attempt fails.
Fast Reload (trained only): You can attempt to reload your weapon faster than normal. With a successful check versus a DC 15, you can reload your weapon as a free action rather than a move action.
Dodge: You may focus on dodging the attacks of one opponent. As a Swift action, select one opponent to which you have line of sight. Make an Initiative check vs DC 15. With success, you gain a +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent's attacks until the beginning of your next turn. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you gain an additional +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent.
Draw Down: You make an Initiative check to draw down on someone in a quick draw contest.
Quickdraw: You can attempt to draw your weapon faster than normal. With a successful check versus a DC 15, you can draw a non-concealed weapon as a free action rather than a move action. If the weapon is concealed, the DC to draw it as a free action is 20.
Start Battle: An Initiative check sets the order of combat when a fight starts. Each character aware of the fight makes an Initiative check and goes in order from highest to lowest. When piloting a vehicle in combat, you must apply the vehicle's size modifier to your Initiative check.
Swift Strike (trained only): If you attack a flat-footed opponent immediately after drawing a melee weapon, you can deal extra damage. With a successful check versus a DC of 15, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage. For every five points by which your check exceeds 15, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.

[b]Mechanics (Int)[/b]
The mechanics skill is used for breaking, fixing and, building all sorts of machines and electronic devices.

Diagnose Mechanical Problem: You can attempt to diagnose an unidentified problem in a malfunctioning device.  Blah blah blah.
Disable Device (trained only): You can use this skill to disarm a security device, defeat a trap, or rig a device to fail when it is used. The effort takes a Full action, and the DC depends upon the intricacy or complexity of the item being disabled or sabotaged: simple DC 15, tricky DC 20, complex DC 25, ultra-technical DC 30. If your Tinkering check fails by 5 or more, something goes wrong. If it's a trap, you spring it, if it is some sort of sabotage, you think the device will fail but it works normally, or the damage is obvious in some way.
Build Device (trained only): You can build a device, machine, structure, weapon... whatever. Once you have a design from which to build it.
Jury Rig (trained only): You can make temporary repairs to any disabled mechanical or electronic device, from a simple tool to a complex starship component.
Modify Device (trained only): You can remove and install system components in complex devices.
Repair Device: You can attempt to repair a damaged object.

[b]Medicine (Wis)[/b]
The medicine skill is used to treat injuries, diseases, and poisons, to perform surgeries and to recognize wounds.

Diagnose Medical Issue: You can attempt to diagnose an unidentified medical issue in an ailing creature.  Blah blah.
Expert Knowledge (trained only): You can make knowledge checks related to medical studies with a DC higher than 15.
First Aid (requires a med-pack): As a Full action, you can administer first aid to an unconscious or wounded creature. If you succeed on a DC 15 Treat Injury check, the creature regains a number of hit points equal to his character level. For every point by which your check result exceeds the DC, the creature regains one additional hit point. If the skill check succeeds, the tended creature cannot benefit from additional first aid for 24 hours.You can administer first aid on yourself, but you take a -4 penalty on your Treat Injury check.
Heal Damage (trained only, requires a surgery kit): You can perform surgery to heal damage. This requires 1 hour of uninterrupted work, at the end of which time you must make a Medicine check vs DC 20. With success, the creature heals an amount of damage equal to its Constitution bonus (minimum 1) times its level. If you fail your check, the surgery does not yield any benefit (but any resources are still lost). In addition, if you fail your check by 5 or more, the creature takes damage equal to its damage threshold. If this damage reduces the creature to 0 hit points, it dies. You can perform surgery on yourself to heal damage, but you take a -5 penalty on your Medicine check. Performing surgery to heal damage also removes any persistent conditions affecting the target.
Install a Cybernetic Prosthesis (trained only, requires a surgery kit): You can perform surgery to install a cybernetic prosthesis. This requires 1 hour of uninterrupted work, at the end of which time you must make a Medicine check vs DC 20. If the check succeeds, the prosthesis is installed properly. If the check fails, the prosthesis is not installed properly, however, you can try again after another uninterrupted hour of surgery. If you fail your check by 5 or more, the creature takes damage equal to its damage threshold. If this damage reduces the creature to 0 hit points, it dies. You can install a cybernetic prosthesis on yourself, but you take a -5 penalty on your skill check.
Long-Term Care: If you tend to a creature for 8 consecutive hours, that creature regains hit points equal to its character level in addition to those recovered from natural healing (see natural healing). A creature can only benefit from long-term care once in a 24 hour period. You can treat one creature at a time if you are untrained, or up to six simultaneously if trained. You cannot give long-term care to yourself.
Recognize Wounds (trained only): As a Move action, you can examine a creature to determine the nature and severity of its wounds. The DC to recognize the wounds of a creature of your type outside of combat is 15. In combat, increase the DC by +5. If the creature is of a type other than yours, increase the DC by +5.
Revivify (trained only, requires a healing kit): You can attempt to restore a recently dead creature to life. As a Full action, make a Medicine check with a DC equal to 10 plus the number of rounds that has passed since the creature died.
Treat Disease (requires a medical kit): Treating a diseased character requires 8 hours. At the end of that time, make a Medicine check against the disease's DC. If the check succeeds, the patient is cured and no longer suffers any ill effects (including persistent conditions caused by the disease). You can treat one creature at a time in untrained, or up to six if trained.
Treat Poison (trained only, requires a medical kit): As a Full action, you can treat a poisoned character. Make a Medicine check. If the check result equals or exceeds the poison's DC, you successfully detoxify the poison in the character's system and the patient no longer suffers any ill effects (including persistent conditions caused by the poison).
Treat Radiation (requires a medical kit): Treating an irradiated character requires 8 hours. At the end of that time, make a Medicine check against the radiation's DC. If the check succeeds, the patient is cured and no longer suffers any ill effects (including persistent conditions caused by the radiation). You can treat one creature at a time if untrained or up to six simultaneously if trained.

[b]Networking (Cha)[/b]
The networking skill is used to gather recruits, learn news and rumors, and locate hard to find or contraband resources.

Gain Introduction: You can gain an introduction to influential or powerful people who would not otherwise associate with you.
Gather Recruits: You can recruit people to join an organization to which you belong.
Learn News and Rumors: Major news and popular local rumors can be unearthed with a DC 10 Cultures check. Learning the detailed, unclassified facts of a story or determining the veracity of a rumor requires a Networking check vs DC 20.
Learn Secret Information: “Secret information” includes anything unavailable to the general public. Examples include a classified report by the city watch to the ruling council, a hidden location, installation security procedures, and secret passwords. Learning a piece of secret information usually requires a DC 25 check and bribes worth 100 gp. However, information that's especially difficult to obtain (such as the hermetic description of a secret ritual to open a portal to the Abyss) might require a DC 30 or higher skill check and require bribes worth 1,000 gp or more, at the GM's discretion. If the check fails by 5 or more, someone notices that you're asking questions and comes around to investigate, arrest, or silence you.
Locate Individual: Make a Networking check to locate a specific individual – either someone you know by name or someone with the skill, item, or information you need. The DC of the check is 15 if the target is relatively easy to locate; if the target isn't well known or has taken steps to conceal his or her presence and/or activities, the DC is 25 and the information costs 100 gp in bribes.
Locate Valuable Object: Make a Networking check to locate a specific piece of equipment or commodity. The GM is the final arbiter of the existence and availability of any items or substances in the game world.
People Lore: You can attempt to recall useful lore about any specific 'person' that you encounter.  When encountering an individual, group, or organization for the first time, you can make an immediate Networking check as a Reaction to see if you have heard something about the subject.
Spread Rumors: You can spread rumors in the hopes that an organization or individual will learn of them and assume them true.
Trace Rumor Origin (trained only): You may attempt to trace the origin of a rumor to its source. Make a Networking check opposed by a Networking check made by the rumor's originator. You take a -8 penalty on this check. If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you learn the identity (or identities) of the individual (or organization) responsible for starting and spreading the rumor. You may then attempt to locate this individual (or a member of the organization) as normal.

[b]Perception (Wis)[/b]
The perception skill is used to notice threats, hear distant noises, pinpoint opponent's locations, and so on.

Avoid Surprise: A Notice check made at the start of battle determines whether or not you are surprised. A Notice check made to avoid surprise is a Reaction.
Eavesdrop: A DC 10 Notice check allows you to eavesdrop on a conversation, you must be able to understand the language being spoken. The DC increases to 15 in relatively noisy areas (such as a cantina) or 25 in particularly loud areas (such as a droid factory). Eavesdropping on a conversation is a Move action.
Hear Noises: A DC 10 Notice check allows you to detect and identify distant or ambient noises. Actively listening to distant or ambient noises is a Move action.
Notice Targets: A Notice check lets you hear or spot other targets or detect someone sneaking up on you from behind. If the target is actively attempting to remain undetected, your Notice check is opposed by the target's Stealth check. If the target is not making any special effort to avoid detection, the Notice check is based on the target's size: Colossal, DC -15; Gargantuan, DC -10; Huge, DC -5; Large DC 0; Medium DC 5; Small DC 10; Tiny DC 15; Diminutive DC 20; Fine, DC 25. For every 10 squares of distance between you and the target, you take a -5 penalty on your Notice check. You also take a -5 penalty if the target has concealment or cover, or a -10 penalty if it has total concealment or total cover. The check to notice targets is a Reaction
Sense Deception: You can use Notice to see through deceptive appearances made using the Deception skill. If your Notice check equals or exceeds the results of the Deception check, you realize that you're being deceived. Your Notice check to sense the deception is a Reaction.
Sense Influence: Make a Notice check to determine whether someone is under the influence of a mind affecting power or other form of coercion (assuming the effect isn't obvious). This requires a Full action and a successful DC 20 check.

[b]Persuasion (Cha)[/b]
The persuasion skill is used to get people to do what you want, either through charm or intimidation.

Change Attitude: As a Full action, you can make a Persuasion check to adjust the attitude of a creature with an Intelligence of 2 or higher using words, body language, or a combination of the two. The target must be able to see you. Apply a modifier to the check based on the target's current attitude towards you: hostile -10, unfriendly -5, indifferent -2, friendly +0. If your check result equals or exceeds the target's Will Defense, the target shifts one step in your favor. If the target cannot understand your speech, apply a -5 penalty on your Persuasion check. You may attempt to change the attitude of a given creature towards you only once per encounter.
Haggle: Whenever you use the Scrounging skill to learn secret information or locate an individual, you can make a Persuasion check as a Swift action to reduce by half the amount you must pay to acquire the information you desire. Alternatively, you can make a Persuasion check as a Full action to increase or decrease the sell price of a desired item by 50%. The DC depends on the attitude of the individual (or individuals) with whom you're dealing: Unfriendly DC 30; indifferent DC 25; friendly DC 20; helpful DC 15. You can't haggle with creatures that are hostile towards you or with creatures that have an intelligence of 2 or lower. No matter how adept you are at haggling, a creature won't pay more for an item that can easily be obtained for the standard listed price.
Intimidate: As a Full action, you can make a Persuasion check to force a single creature with an Intelligence of 1 or higher to back down from a confrontation, surrender one of its possessions, reveal a piece of secret information, or flee from you for a short time. The creature must be able to see you. Your check result must equal or exceed your opponent's Will defense for the intimidation attempt to succeed. Apply a modifier to the check based on the threat the target perceives from you: target is at your mercy +5; target is clearly outmatched +0; target is evenly matched -5; target clearly outmatches you -10; target has you at his mercy -15. You cannot force the target to obey your every command or to do something that endangers its life or the lives of its allies. A creature you successfully intimidate becomes one step more hostile toward you as soon as you are no longer an imminent threat.

[b]Pilot (Dex)[/b]
The Pilot skill and its uses are unchanged.

[b]Ride (Dex)[/b]
The Ride skill and its uses are unchanged.

[b]Science (Int)[/b]
The science skill represents your knowledge of the physical world and the natural laws thereof.

Design a Device (trained only): You may attempt to design a structure, vehicle, or weapon, or a subsystem for one of these.
Expert Knowledge (trained only): You can make knowledge checks related to scientific studies with a DC higher than 15.
Handle Explosives: You can place explosives for maximum effect against structures.
Mix Chemical (trained only): You can attempt to refine some chemical substance, such as creating gunpowder from its constituent components, or refining gasoline from crude oil.

[b]Stealth (Dex)[/b]
The stealth ability reflects your ability to move about undetected and to go places that you shouldn't.

[b]Survival (Wis)[/b]
The Survival skill and its uses are unchanged.

[b]Tactics (Wis)[/b]
The tactics skill represents your knowledge of combat tactics and is used primarily to gain advantage or to grant advantage to your allies in combat.

Aid Attack: In combat, you can aid another character's attack by forcing an opponent to avoid your own attacks, making it more difficult for him to avoid your ally. As a Standard action, select an opponent against which you could make an attack and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, you grant a +1 bonus on a single ally's next attack roll against that opponent. For every 5 points by which your check result exceed DC 10, you grant an additional +1 to your ally's next attack roll.
Assess Opponent (trained only): You may attempt to 'size up' an opponent's capabilities. As a Standard action, select an opponent within 12 squares to which you have line of sight. Make a Tactics check, opposed by a Deception check made by your opponent. If your check result equals or exceeds your opponent's check result, you learn one of the following: your opponent's highest attack bonus, your opponent's total Defense, your opponent's Fortitude save, your opponent's Reflex save, or your opponent's Will save.
Expert Knowledge (trained only): You can make knowledge checks related to military studies with a DC higher than 15.
Military Lore: You can attempt to recall useful lore about any specific Military unit that you encounter.
Locate Sniper Position (trained only): You can make a Tactics check to oppose an opponent's Stealth check to remain hidden after making a ranged attack from concealment. You do not suffer the penalties due to range that you suffer on a Notice check.
Sniping (trained only): If you make a ranged attack against an opponent that can't pinpoint your location, you can deal extra damage. Make a Tactics check as a Free action vs DC 15. With success, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage on your next attack. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds 15, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.
Suppress Enemy: In combat, you can distract or interfere with an opponent, making his attacks more difficult. As a Standard action, select an opponent against which you could make an attack and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, that opponent takes a -1 penalty on its next attack roll. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, your opponent takes an additional -1 penalty to his next attack roll.
Total Defense: You can defend yourself as a Standard action. Make a Tactics check. You may replace your Reflex Defense with the check result until the beginning of your next turn. If you choose not to take any attacks of opportunity until the beginning of your next turn, you gain a +4 bonus on your skill check.
Predict Something: You can attempt to predict you opponent's next action. Make a Tactics check as a Standard action, opposed by a Tactics check made by your opponent. If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you may force that opponent to reroll one attack or check that he makes before the beginning of your next turn.

[b]Use the Force (Cha)[/b]
The Use the Force skill and its uses are unchanged.
Last edited by Michael Silverbane on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 pm

Feats
Acrobatic Feint
Prerequisite: Trained in the Acrobatics skill
Benefit: You can make Acrobatics checks to Feint against an adjacent opponent in combat.
Normal: You make a Deception check to Feint in combat.

Acrobatic Strike
Prerequisite: Trained in the Acrobatics skill
Benefit: Whenever you successfully tumble using the Acrobatics skill, you gain a +4 bonus on the next attack that you make against the foe that missed his attack of opportunity against you, so long as the attack occurs before the end of your current turn.

Armor Proficiency (light)
Benefit: When you wear light armor, you do not take the armor check penalty to attack rolls and skill checks. Additionally, you benefit from all of the armor's special equipment bonuses (if any).
Normal: A character wearing light armor takes a -2 armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks made using the following skills:

Armor Proficiency (medium)
Prerequisite: Armor Proficiency (light)
Benefit: When you wear light armor, you do not take the armor check penalty to attack rolls and skill checks.  Additionally, you benefit from all of the armor's special equipment bonuses (if any).
Normal: A character wearing medium armor takes a -4 armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks made using the following skills:

Armor Proficiency (heavy)
Prerequisite: Armor Proficiency (medium)
Benefit: When you wear light armor, you do not take the armor check penalty to attack rolls and skill checks. Additionally, you benefit from all of the armor's special equipment bonuses (if any).
Normal: A character wearing heavy armor takes a -8 armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks made using the following skills:

Attractive
Benefit: You're particularly attractive, giving you a +4 bonus to checks made to decieve, seduce, or change the atttude of any being that might find you appealing.

Beginner's Luck
Benefit: By spending a force point, you may temporarily consider yourself trained in one skill in which you are not trained, including a skill that is not on your class skill list.  You gain a +4 bonus to checks with the skill (as if you were trained), and can make checks for uses of the skill that can only be used trained until the end of the encounter (or enough time to make one extended skill check).

Brilliant Tactician
Benefit: You may use either your Intelligence modifier or your Wisdom modifier when you make Tactics checks.

Brute Force
Benefit: You may use your Strength modifier or your Dexterity modifier when making melee attacks or thrown weapon attacks.
Normal: You use your Dexterity modifier when making melee attacks and attacks with thrown weapons.

Bantha Rush
Prerequisite: Strength 13
Benefit: You may Push a creature up to two Sizes bigger than you are. Further, you gain a +4 bonus to Athletics checks made during a Push action.

Burst Fire
When using a ranged weapon in autofire mode, you can fire a short burst at a single target.
Prerequisite: Weapon Proficiency (heavy weapons)
Benefit: When using a ranged weapon with autofire capability in autofire mode, you may fire a short burst as a single attack against a single target.  You take a -4 penalty on the attack roll, but deal +2 dice of damage.  For example, a weapon that deals 3d10 points of damage would deal 5d10 points of damage instead.
The effects of this feat do not stack with the extra damage provided by the Deadeye feat or the Rapid Shot feat.
Special: Firing a burst expends five rounds of ammunition and can only be done if the weapon has at least five shots remaining.
Normal: Autofire uses ten rounds of ammunition, targets a 2-square by 2-square area, and cannot be aimed at a specific target.

Careful Shot
Prerequisite: Trained in the Focus skill
Benefit: Whenever you make a successful attack on which you received a bonus from the Aim action, you may make a Focus check as a Free action. With a DC 15 check, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.

Charging Fire
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +3
Benefit: When you charge, you may make a ranged attack instead of a melee attack at the end of your movement.  Like a normal charge, you gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll.  Further, you grant Combat Advantage to all opponents until the beginning of your next turn.

Cleave
Prerequisite: Power Attack
Benefit: If you deal an opponent enough damage to reduce its hit points to 0, you get an immediate extra melee attack against another opponent within your reach.  You cannot make a space adjustment before making this extra attack.  The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous opponent.  You can use this ability once per round, on your own turn.

Close Quarters Fighting
Prerequisite: Base Attack Bonus +2
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on attack rolls against opponents with whom you share a square.

Combat Focus
Prerequisite: Trained in the Focus Skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Focus checks made to Concentrate.

Combat Reflexes
Benefit: You may make a number of additional attacks of opportunity equal to your Dexterity Bonus (minimum 1). With this feat, you may also make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.
Normal: A character without this feat can make only one attack of opportunity per round and can’t make attacks of opportunity while flat-footed.

Combined Fire
Prerequisite: Coordinated Attack
Benefit: Whenever you make a successful attack during which you benefited from an Aid Attack action made by an ally, you deal one additional die of damage.

Concealed Carry
Benefit: Whenever you hide an item on your person, it is considered one Size smaller.

Coordinated Attack
Prerequisite: Trained in the Tactics skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Tactics checks made to Aid Attacks.

Cybernetic Surgery
Prerequisite: Trained in the Medicine skill
Benefit: You can install a cybernetic prosthesis on a living being. The surgical procedure takes 1 hour of uninterrupted work, after which you must make a DC 20 Medicine check. If the check succeeds, the prosthesis is installed correctly. If the check fails, the prosthesis is not properly installed; however, you can try again after another uninterrupted hour of surgery.
Special: You can install a cybernetic prosthesis on yourself, but you take a -5 penalty on the Medicine skill check. If you have the Surgical Expertise feat, you can install a cybernetic prosthesis in 10 minutes instead of 1 hour.

Dash
Benefit: If you are wearing light armor or no armor and are carrying a light load, your Speed is increased by 5 feet.

Deadeye
Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Trained in the Tactics skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Tactics checks made to Snipe.

Defensive Martial Arts
Prerequisite: Martial Arts
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to your Reflex Defense against melee attacks.

Defensive Strike
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13, Intelligence 13, Trained in the Tactics skill, Defensive Martial Arts
Benefit: If an opponent attacks you and misses while you are using the Total Defense action, you can make an attack of opportunity against that opponent.

Diehard
Prerequisite: Trained in the Endurance skill.
Benefit: When you are reduced to 0 hit points or less, you are pushed one step down the condition track and you begin dying.  You not automatically fall unconscious (unless you are pushed to the bottom of the condition track.  If you take any strenuous action on your turn (as determined by the GM), you take 1d6 points of damage (this damage is not subject to damage reduction), and are pushed one step down the condition track.  This is in addition to the normal effects of dying, which are resolved at the end of your turn each round.

Double Attack
Prerequisite: Level 6+
Benefit: Whenever you take the Melee Attack or the Ranged Attack action, you may make one additional attack as a part of the action. However, you take a -5 penalty on all attack rolls until the beginning of your next turn.

Dual Weapon Mastery
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13
Benefit: When you attack with two weapons, or with both ends of a double weapon, you reduce the penalty that you take on all attack rolls to -5.
Normal: When you attack with two weapons, or with both ends of a double weapon, you take a -10 penalty to all attack rolls until the beginning of your next turn.

Dual Weapon Mastery II
Prerequisite: Dexterity 15, Base Attack Bonus +3, Dual Weapon Mastery I
Benefit: When you attack with two weapons, or with both ends of a double weapon, you reduce the penalty that you take on all attack rolls to -2.

Dual Weapon Mastery III
This feat is no longer available.

Elusive Target
Prerequisite: Defensive Martial Arts
Benefit: You receive a +2 bonus to Defense against Ranged attacks while you are in melee with one or more opponents.

Exotic Weapon Proficiency
Benefit: Choose one exotic weapon. You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls made with the chosen exotic weapon.
Normal: You do not gain a bonus to attack rolls with weapons that you are not proficient in.

Extra Rage
This feat is unchanged.

Extra Second Wind
Prerequisite: Trained in the Endurance skill
Benefit: You may use the Second Wind action one extra time per day.

Far Shot
Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot
Benefit: When you use a ranged weapon against targets at short, medium, long, or extreme range, the range category is considered one less.

Fast Feint
Prerequisite: Trained in the Deception skill
Benefit: You may make a Feint action in combat as a Move action.
Normal: Making a Feint action in combat is a Standard action.

Faster Healing
Prerequisite: Base fortitude save +5
Benefit: You heal faster than normal.

Fleet of Foot
Prerequisite: Trained in the Athletics skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Athletics checks made to increase your Speed.

Foreboding
Prerequisite: Trained in the Use the Force skill
Benefit: You are prone to receiving impressions of events before those events actually take place. Sometimes this mild precognition happens days before the events occur. Other times, it is merely a second's worth of warning, a sort of "danger sense". The prescience might manifest itself as a dream or as a waking hunch - terribly clear with each detail printed on the character's memory, or hauntingly vague, without details. The exact results are left to the Game Master's discretion, based upon story situation and the results of a Use the Force check, made as a Reaction.

Force Boon
Prerequisite: Force Sensitivity
Benefit: You gain three Force Points at each level.

Force Sensitivity
Prerequisite: Non-droid
Benefit: You can make Use the Force checks. Further, Use the Force is considered a class skill for you. Finally, whenever you gain a new talent, you have the option of selecting a Force talent instead.
Normal: You cannot make Use the Force checks or select Force talents without the Force Sensitivity feat.

Force Training
Prerequisite: Force Sensitivity, Trained in the Use the Force skill
Benefit: You add to your Force power suite a number of Force powers equal to 1 + your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1). You can add the same power more than once.
Special: You can take this feat more than once. Each time you take this feat, you add to your Force power suite a number of Force powers equal to 1 + your Wisdom modifier (minimum 1).
If your Wisdom modifier permanently increases, you immediately gain a number of Force powers equal to the number of Force Training feats that you have taken.

Great Cleave
Prerequisite: Cleave, base attack bonus +2
Benefit: You may gain the benefit of the Cleave feat more than once per round.

Great Fortitude
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to your Fortitude defense.

Great Throw
Benefit: During a Grapple, you may throw your opponent as a Standard action. Make an Athletics check, opposed by an Athletics check made by your opponent. If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you throw him one square in any direction, ending the grapple. Further, you deal damage to your opponent, equal to your unarmed attack damage, and your opponent is knocked prone. Finally, for every 4 points by which your check result exceeds that of your opponent, you may throw him one additional square.

Heroes' Luck
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to your Fortitude Defense, Reflex Defense, and Will Defense.

Improved Charge
Benefit: You can Charge without having to move in a straight line.  Further, whenever you make a successful attack at the end of a charge, you deal one additional die of damage.

Improved Damage Threshold
This feat is unchanged.

Improved Disarm
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus opposed attack rolls made during a Disarm action.  Further, if you fail to Disarm your opponent, he does not get a free attempt to Disarm you.

Improved Dodge
Prerequisite: Trained in the Initiative skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Initiative checks made to Dodge.

Improved Grapple
Benefit: You may Grapple a creature up to two Sizes bigger than you are.  Further, when you successfully Pin an opponent in a Grapple, you deal an amount of damage equal to your unarmed attack damage.

Improved Initiative
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus to Initiative check to fast reload, quickdraw, or start battle.

Improved Trip
Benefit: When you successfully trip an opponent, you deal an amount of damage equal to your unarmed attack damage.  Further, you gain a +4 bonus on Athletics checks made during a Trip action.

Interpose
Benefit: Once per round, when an ally adjacent to you is targeted by an attack, you can choose to trade places with that ally as a Reaction, making you the target of the attack instead. If the attack hits, you suffer the effects normally. If the attack misses you, it also misses your ally. You must declare your intention to trade places with an ally before the attack roll is made.  You cannot use Interpose if you are stunned or otherwise incapable of taking free actions.

Iron Will
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to your Will defense.

Lightning Reflexes
Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to your Reflex defense.

Linguist
Benefit: You become fluent in additional languages equal to 1 plus your Intelligence bonus (minimum 1).
Special: You may select this feat more than once.  Each time, you become fluent in additional languages equal to 1 plus your Intelligence bonus (minimum 1).

Marathoner
Prerequisite: Trained in the Endurance skill
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus to Endurance checks made to make a forced march or a long run, or made to tread water.

Martial Arts I
Benefit: You do not provoke attacks of opportunity when making an unarmed attack.  Further, your unarmed attack damage increases by one die-step (1d3 becomes 1d4, 1d4 becomes 1d6, 1d6 becomes 1d8, etc.)

Marital Arts II
This feat is unchanged.

Martial Arts III
This feat is unchanged.

Master Plan
Benefit: If you spend at least one minute preparing for an encounter, you can formulate a plan.  Make a Tactics check versus a DC of 15.  With success, you and your allies gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls and skill checks for two rounds during the encounter.  At any time during the encounter, as a Reaction, you may decide to enact your plan.  You gain the bonus for two rounds after that point.  For every five points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you and your allies gain an additional +1 bonus to attacks and skill checks while the plan is in action.

Melee Defense

Mighty Swing

Mobility
Benefit: If you take the All Out Move, Move, or Withdraw action, you may split the movement up, taking your other actions for the round in any square that you traverse.

Pin

Point Blank Shot
Benefit: When you make a Ranged Attack against a target within point blank range, you gain a +1 bonus on Attack and damage rolls against that target.

Power Attack
Prerequisite: Strength 13
Benefit: When using a one-handed or two-handed melee weapon to make a melee attack, you can make a Power Attack.  You take a -4 penalty to your attack roll, but if your attack is successful, you deal +2 dice of weapon damage.  For instance, if you power attack with a vibro axe, which normally deals 2d12 points of damage, you instead deal 4d12 points of damage.

Powerful Acrobat
Benefit: You may add either your Strength modifier or your Dexterity modifier to Acrobatics checks.

Powerful Charge
Prerequisite: Improved Charge
Benefit: You deal an additional two dice of damage on a successful Charge.

Precise Shot
Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot
Benefit: You take no penalty from making a Ranged Attack against an opponent that is in melee with one or more of your allies.
Normal: You take a -4 penalty on Ranged Attacks made against opponents that are in melee with one or more of your allies.

Quick Draw
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Initiative checks made to Quick Draw and checks made to Draw Down.

Rapid Shot
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13, Point Blank Shot
Benefit: When using a ranged weapon, you may fire two rounds as a single attack against a single target.  You take a -2 penalty on this attack, but you deal +1 die of damage.  For instance, a sporting pistol normally deals 3d4 points of damage.  When using the rapid shot feat, it would instead deal 4d4 points of damage.  Using this feat uses two rounds of ammunition.

Rapid Strike
Benefit: When using a melee weapon, you may make two quick strikes as a single attack against a single target.  You take a -2 penalty on this attack, but you deal +1 die of damage.  For instance, a short sword normally deals 1d6 points of of damage.  When using the rapid strike feat, it would instead deal 2d6 points of damage.

Run
Benefit: When you take the All Out Move action, you may move up to twice your Speed, in any direction.

Running Attack
This feat is replaced by the Mobility feat.

Setup
Benefit: You can transfer the benefits of a successful Feint action to an ally, causing the target of your feint action to grant Combat Advantage for your ally's next attack.  Your ally must attack the opponent before the beginning of your next turn, or lose the benefit of the feint.

Shake it Off
Prerequisite: Constitution 13, Trained in the Endurance skill.
Benefit: When you take the Shake it Off action, you move +2 steps along the Condition Track.
Normal: When you take the Shake it Off action, you move +1 step along the Condition track.

Side Step
Benefit: Once per round, when someone misses you with an attack, you may immediately Shift as a Reaction.  This does not count towards your normal movement for the round.

Skill Training
Benefit: You become trained in one of your class skills.

Skill Focus
Prerequisite: Trained in the chosen skill.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus in the chosen skill.

Skill Mastery
Prerequisite: Skill Focus in the chosen skill, Level 11+
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus in the chosen skill.  This benefit stacks with that gained from the Skill Focus feat.

Slippery Mind
Prerequisite: Iron Will, Trained in the Focus skill
Benefit: Whenever you are the target of a mind-affecting power, you may replace your Will Defense with a Focus check as a Reaction.  If you are higher level than the originator of the attack, you gain a +4 bonus to this check.

Sniper
Prerequisite: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Benefit: You ignore soft cover when making ranged attacks.

Speed Demon
Prerequisite: Trained in the Pilot skill
Benefit: When you take the All Out Move action in a vehicle, you may move up to twice your vehicle's speed.

Steadfast Determination
Benefit: You may use either your Constitution modifier or your Wisdom modifier when making Endurance checks.

Streetfighting
Prerequisite: Trained in the Tactics skill, Close Quarters Fighting
Benefit: Once per round, when you make a successful melee attack against an opponent with whom you share a square, with an unarmed strike or a light weapon, you may make a Tactics check vs DC 10 as a Free action.  With success, you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage.  For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, you deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.

Strong in the Force
Benefit: When you spend a Force Point to improve an attack, skill check or ability check, you gain an additional +5 bonus to the roll.

Stunning Fist
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13, trained in the Medicine skill, Martial Arts, Level 8+
Benefit: Once per round, you may attempt to make a stunning attack.  Declare that you are going to use this feat before making an unarmed attack.  If your attack is successful, in addition to dealing damage normally, you may make a Strength attack versus your target's Fortitude Defense to push your target -1 step along the Condition Track.  You may use this ability a number of times per day equal to one-fourth your level.

Surgical Expertise
Prerequisite: Trained in the Medicine skill.
Benefit: You can perform surgery in 10 minutes.
Normal: Performing surgery takes 1 hour.

Throw

Toughness
Benefit: You gain +1 hit point per character level.

Trip

Triple Attack
Prerequisite: Double Attack, Level 11+
Benefit: Whenever you take the Melee Attack or the Ranged Attack action, you may make one additional attack as a part of the action.  However, you take a -5 penalty on all attack rolls until the beginning of your next turn.  The benefit of this feat stacks with that gained from the double attack feat, allowing you to make three attacks with a -10 penalty to all attack rolls until the beginning of your next turn.

Triple Crit
Prerequisite: Proficient with weapon, Base Attack Bonus +4.
Benefit: When you score a critical hit with the selected weapon, you deal an additional four dice of damage, rather than an additional two dice of damage.  For example a triple crit with a lightsaber deals 7d8 points of damage on a critical hit.  You may choose "unarmed strike" as a weapon for the purpose of this feat.
Normal: A critical hit normally deals two additional dice of damage.
Special: You may select this feat multiple times, each time, it applies to a different weapon.

Vehicular Combat
Prerequisite: Trained in the Pilot skill.
Benefit: Once per round as a Reaction, when you are piloting a vehicle, you may replace your vehicle's Reflex defense with your Pilot check.

Weapon Finesse

Weapon Focus
Prerequisite: Proficiency with the chosen weapon or weapon group.
Benefit: Choose one weapon group or one superior weapon.  You gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls made with your chosen weapon group or superior weapon.
Special: You can choose this feat more than once.  Each time, it applies to a different weapon group or superior weapon.

Weapon Proficiency
Benefit: Choose one weapon group or one superior weapon.  You gain a +2 Proficiency bonus on attack rolls made with weapons from the selected weapon group or with the selected superior weapon.
Normal: You do not gain a proficiency bonus with weapon that you are not proficient with.
Special: You may choose this feat more than once.  Each time, it applies to a different weapon group or superior weapon.

Well Informed
Prerequisite: Trained in the Networking skill
Benefit: You are exceptionally well informed.  You gain a +4 bonus to Networking checks made to learn news and rumors, learn secret information, locate individuals, locate valuable objects, use people lore, and trace rumor origins.

Whirlwind Attack
Prerequisite: Dexterity 13, Intelligence 13, Martial Arts
Benefit: As a Full action, you can make a sweeping attack that affects every opponent within your reach.You make one attack roll, comparing it to the Reflex Defense of each opponent that you threaten.

Using Force Points
Once per round, you may spend a Force Point as a Free action to improve an attack, an ability check, or a skill check. When you spend a Force Point in this way, reroll the d20. If the die-result is 11-20, apply your modifiers to the roll normally. If the die-result is 1-10, add +10 to the result before applying your modifiers to the roll. You can do this once per round.

Other uses of Force points are unchanged.

Gaining Dark Side Points
Whenever you succumb to fear, anger, or other destructive urges, you may gain a dark side point. More on this later.

Droids and the Force
Though droids cannot normally sense the force and may not learn to consciously channel the force, the force still flows through them and around them, as it does all things. More on this later.

Armor
Protective armor exists in the Star Wars universe, but typically only the lightest types see widespread use. Heavier armor is often considered too expensive, too restrictive, and just not worth the trouble unless it serves an additional function (such as providing environmental protection, as in the case of imperial stormtrooper armor). See the table below for the list of armor types.

Many forms of armor are restricted or even illegal outside of approved military uses. In locations where armor isn't prohibited, the wearer of armor identifies himself as someone who either expects to cause trouble or who ecxects trouble to come his way.

Armor Qualities
If you choose armor for your character, refer to the table below for details about the various armor types. The armor qualities are explained below:

Cost: The cost of the armor. Armor sized for Small characters costs one-half as much, while armor for Large characters costs double the listed price. Some armor has limited availability, with a commensurate cost increase, as detailed on the Gear and Vehicles page.
Armor Protection Rating: When you are wearing armor, you gain this value as Damage Reduction versus most attacks (attacks that bypass damage reduction will specify such in the description of the weapon or ability). Whenever you are subject to a successful attack, roll the dice indicated, adding any modifiers from character abilities and then subtract that amount from the damage before applying it to your character's hit points.
Equipment Bonus to Fortitude Defense: When you are wearing the armor, you add this value as an equipment bonus to your Fortitude Defense. Some types of armor do not provide an equipment bonus to your Fortitude Defense.
Maximum Dex Bonus: This is the maximum bonus that you can apply to your Reflex Defense from Dexterity when wearing this type of armor. Heavier armor limits your mobility, reducing your ability to avoid attacks. For example, an armored flight suit has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +3. A character with a Dexterity of 18 normally gains a +4 bonus to his Reflex Defense from Dexterity, but if he's wearing an armored flight suit, he only applies a +3 bonus to his Reflex Defense.
Speed: Medium and heavy armor reduces your speed to three-quarters normal (rounded down). The table shows this reduction if you have a speed of 6 or 4 squares.
Weight: The weight of the armor. Armor fitted for small characters weighs one-half as much. Armor fitted for Large characters weighs twice as much.
Avalability: Some armor has limited availability, as described in the Gear and Vehicles section.

Ultralight Armor (no armor check penalty)   
                                            Equipment
                                  Armor         Bonus to    Maximum
                                  Protection    Fortitude   Dexterity
Armor                    Cost     Rating        Defense     Bonus      Speed           Weight     Availability
Flight Suit              250      DR 1d6        +1          +8         -               4 kg       -
Elastomer Liquid Armor   500      DR 1d8        -           +8         -               3 kg       -
Blast Vest (and helmet)  750      DR 2d4        -           +7         -               3 kg       -

Light Armor (-1 armor check penalty)
                                            Equipment
Armor                    Cost     Rating        Defense     Bonus      Speed           Weight     Availability
Padded Flight Suit       1,000    DR 1d10       +1          +7         -               5 kg       -
Combat Jump Suit         1,250    DR 1d12       -           +6         -               7 kg       Licensed
Scout Trooper Armor      2,000    DR 1d12       +2          +6         -               8 kg       Military, Rare
Armored Flight Suit      1,500    DR 2d6        +2          +5         -               10 kg      Licensed
Voduun Crabshell Armor   -        DR 2d6        +5          +5         -               5 kg       Rare
Stormtrooper Armor       4,000    DR 3d4        +2          +4         -               10 kg      Military, Rare

Medium Armor (-2 armor check penalty)
                                            Equipment
Ceremonial Armor         5,000    DR 2d8        -           +3         4 sq. (3 sq.)   12 kg      Restricted
Corellian Battlesuit     10,000   DR d28        +2          +3         4 sq. (3 sq.)   20 kg      Restricted, Rare
Medium Battle Armor      7,000    DR 3d6        +2          +2         4 sq. (3 sq.)   15 kg      Restricted

Heavy Armor (-5 armor check penalty)
                                            Equipment
Armored Space Suit       12,000   DR 2d10       +3          +1         4 sq. (3 sq.)   25 kg      Restricted
Heavy Battle Armor       15,000   DR 2d12       +4          +1         4 sq. (3 sq.)   30 kg      Military
Mandalorian Armor        20,000   DR 3d8        +4          +1         4 sq. (3 sq.)   35 kg      Illegal, Rare

Combat

The Combat Round
Each round of combat represents six seconds in the game world. In the real world, a round is an opportunity for each character involved in a combat to take one or more actions.

Actions in Combat
Every round, on your character's turn, you may take a Standard action, a Move action, and a Swift action (in any order). You may take a Move action or a Swift action in place of a Standard action, but not the other way around. You may also take a Swift action in place of a Move action, but not the other way around. Finally, you may sacrifice all three of these actions to perform a single Full action on your turn.

Standard action > Move action > Swift action

Free Actions and Reactions
Some actions take such a negligible amount of time or effort that they can be performed in addition to other actions or they can happen out of turn. You may make unlimited Free actions, subject to the limits of the DM's patience. Free actions generally must be taken during your turn. You may make unlimited Reactions (again, subject to the patience of your DM). A Reaction may be made even when it is not your turn.

Full Actions: Called Shot, Coup de Grace, Extinguish a Fire, Recover, Strive

Standard Actions: Aid Attack, Attack, Charge, Disarm, Distract, Feint, Grapple, Push, Regroup, Second Wind, Sunder, Suppress Enemy, Total Defense, Trip

Move Actions: Aim, All Out Move, Crawl, Double Take, Draw / Holster a Weapon, Drop Prone, Move, Reload a Weapon, Roll Out a Fire, Smash, Stand Up, Withdraw

Swift Actions: Assess Opponent, Dodge, Give an Order, Manipulate an Item, Shift, Switch, Weapon Mode

Free Actions: Delay, Drop a Ready Item, Ready

Reactions: Speak
Last edited by Michael Silverbane on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Combat Actions
Aid Attack
1 Standard action
In combat, you can aid another character's attack by forcing an opponent to avoid your own attacks, making it more difficult for him to avoid your ally. Select an opponent, and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, you grant a +1 bonus on a single ally's next attack roll against that opponent. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, you grant an additional +1 to your ally's next attack roll.

Aim
1 Move action
Make a Focus check vs DC 15. With a success, you gain a +1 to hit on your next attack. This bonus is lost if you do anything other than make an attack as your next action. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you gain an additional +1 to hit on your next attack.

All Out Move
1 Move action
You may move up to one-and-a-half times your speed (round down to the nearest five feet).  You grant Combat Advantage to all opponents until the beginning of your next turn.  While making an All Out Move, you may make a Smash attempt once per round as a Free action to try to break through an intervening piece of scenery (such as a door or wall).  If your Smash attempt is successful, you may continue your movement as normal.  If your Smash attempt fails, you take damage equal to your unarmed attack damage and fall prone in the square that you occupied immediately preceding your Smash attempt.

Assess Opponent
1 Swift action
You may attempt to 'size up' one opponent within 12 squares.  Make a Tactics check, opposed by your target's Deception.  If your check result equals or exceeds your opponent's check result, you learn one of the following: your opponent's highest attack bonus, your opponent's total Damage Reduction, your opponent's Fortitude Defense, your opponent's Reflex Defense, or your opponent's Will Defense.

Attack, Melee
1 Standard action
You may make one attack against an opponent that you can threaten.  Your attack roll with a melee weapon is: 1d20 + Base Attack bonus + Dexterity modifier + miscellaneous modifiers.
Attacking with Two Weapons: If you are wielding two weapons, or wielding a double weapon, you may make a separate attack with each weapon, or with each end of a double weapon, but you take a -10 penalty on all attacks for the round.  If armed with three or more weapons or when using the Double Attack or Triple Attack feats, you still only gain one extra attack, but you may choose which weapon to use for each attack.
Two-handed melee weapon: when you wield a melee weapon two-handed, add double your Strength bonus (if any) to the damage. This higher Strength modifier does not apply to light weapons (weapons smaller than your size).
Improvised Weapons: Sometimes objects that are not crafted to be weapons get used: chairs, bottles, crates, and so on. Because these objects are not designed for such use, characters who use improvised weapons are treated as not proficient with them and gain no proficiency bonus on their attack rolls. The GM determines the size and damage dealt by an improvised weapon.
Unarmed Attacks: Making an unarmed attack provokes an attack of opportunity, unless you possess the Improved Unarmed Strike feat.

Attack, Ranged
1 Standard action
You may make one attack against an opponent that is within your weapon's maximum range and within line of sight.  Your attack roll with a ranged weapon is: 1d20 + Base Attack bonus + Dexterity modifier, + miscellaneous modifiers + range penalty (if any).
A ranged weapon can attack a target at point blank, short, medium, long, or extreme range. If you make a ranged attack against a target within the weapon's point blank range, you take no penalty on the attack roll. Your penalty on attack rolls increases to -2 at short range, -4 at medium range, -8 at long range, and -12 at extreme range.
Attacking with Two Weapons: If you are wielding two weapons, or wielding a double weapon, you may make a separate attack with each weapon, or with each end of a double weapon, but you take a -10 penalty on all attacks for the round.  If armed with three or more weapons or when using the Double Attack or Triple Attack feats, you still only gain one extra attack, but that you may choose which weapon to use for each attack.
Improvised Weapons: Sometimes objects that are not crafted to be weapons get used: chairs, bottles, crates, and so on. Because these objects are not designed for such use, characters who use improvised weapons are treated as not proficient with them and gain no proficiency bonus on their attack rolls. The GM determines the size and damage dealt by an improvised weapon.

Called Shot
1 Full action
You may attempt to apply detrimental effects to an opponent in combat.  Make a Melee Attack or a Ranged Attack with a -4 penalty on your attack roll.  If your attack is successful, you may apply one of the following effects, in addition to dealing your weapon's normal damage: debilitate - you cause your opponent to move -1 step along the condition track; hamstring - you reduce your opponent's speed by one-half; kill shot - you deal an extra two dice of damage; wing - you disable one of your opponent's arms, causing him to take a -4 penalty on attacks made with that arm.  Penalties caused by a Called Shot remain until the end of then encounter, or until the penalized character receives any form of healing, unless otherwise stated.

Charge
1 Standard action
You may move up to your Speed toward any one opponent to which you have a straight, clear, unobstructed path, stopping in the closest space from which you can attack the opponent.  You provoke an attack of opportunity from your opponent, as well as provoking attacks of opportunity for movement, as normal.  Some weapons deal increased damaged when used for an attack of opportunity against a charging creature.   After this movement, which must be at least 10 feet, you may make a single melee attack.  You gain a +2 bonus on this attack. Finally, you grant Combat Advantage to all opponents until the beginning of your next turn.

Coup de Grace
1 Full action
You may inflict a killing blow on one adjacent helpless opponent.  You automatically inflict a critical hit on the opponent.  If the damage reduces the opponent to 0 or fewer hit points, or if the damage dealt exceeds the opponent's Fortitude Defense, then he is immediately killed.
Alternatively, you may inflict a knockout punch on one adjacent, helpless opponent.  The target is immediately rendered unconscious.

Crawl
1 Move action
You can crawl one square as a move action.  You may not Crawl if your movement is hampered due to difficult terrain or because you are encumbered or overloaded.  See the Strive action, below.

Delay
1 Free action
You may wait and see what others are doing by voluntarily lowering your Initiative Count by 1 (permanently setting yourself to act during the new, lower Initiative Count).  You may perform a maximum number of Delay actions in a round equal to your Initiative bonus, after which you must act or forfeit your chance to act in the current round.

Disarm
1 Standard action
You may attempt to disarm one opponent that you threaten.  You make a melee attack opposed by a melee attack roll made by your opponent.  If your opponent is wielding his weapon in two (or more) hands, he gains a +4 bonus to his attack roll.  Conversely, if you are attempting to disarm an object other than a weapon, your opponent suffers a -4 penalty on his attack roll.
If your attack roll equals or exceeds your opponent's attack roll, you successfully disarm your opponent, causing the weapon to fall in a random adjacent square.  If your attack roll does not equal or exceed your opponent's attack roll, your opponent may immediately attempt to Disarm you.
You may make a Disarm attempt with an Unarmed Strike.  You suffer a -4 penalty to your attack roll when doing so, but if you are successful, you may choose to take and ready the weapon, rather than causing it to fall to the ground.
You may make a Disarm attempt with a ranged weapon against an opponent who is within 6 squares, making a ranged attack opposed by a melee attack roll made by your opponent.  You suffer a -4 penalty to your attack roll when doing so, but if your attempt fails, your opponent does not gain a free Disarm attempt against you.

Distract
1 Standard action
You may attempt to draw one opponent's attention, causing him to react more slowly.  You make a Persuasion check, opposed by an Initiative check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, his Initiative Count is reduced by 1d6+1 points (permanently setting him to act during the new, lower Initiative Count).

Dodge
1 Swift action
You may focus on dodging the attacks of one opponent.  Select an opponent, and make an Initiative check vs DC 15.  With success, you gain a +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent's attacks until the beginning of your next turn.  For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds 15, you gain an additional +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent.

Double Take
1 Move action
You take a moment to examine your surroundings, allowing you to retry any Reaction to notice some character, object, or detail that you may have failed to notice earlier.  You gain a +4 bonus on this check.

Draw / Holster a Weapon
1 Move action
You may draw, or holster, one two-handed weapon, or up to two one-handed or light weapons.  Alternatively, you may ready or stash a weapon-like object that has a holster, or is otherwise readily accessible, such as a drill or a wand.  Once per round, you may use the Draw / Holster a Weapon action as a Free action if you take the Move action during the round.

Drop a Ready Item
1 Free action
You may drop one ready item in your space.  When moving, you may drop the item in any square that you traverse.

Drop Prone
1 Move action
You drop into the prone position in your square.  When moving, you may, as a Free action, drop prone in any square that you traverse, ending your movement in that square.

Extinguish a Fire
1 Full action
You may attempt to extinguish a fire on an adjacent character, or an adjacent square.  Spraying or dumping water on a burning character or square reduces a fire by 1d6 points of damage per gallon of water applied to the fire.  Shoveling or dumping sand or some other smothering material on a burning character or square reduces a fire by 2d6 points of damage per round.  Smothering a fire with a blanket reduces a fire by 1d3 points of damage per round.  Using a fire extinguisher reduces a fire by 4d6 points of damage per round.  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make an Extinguish a Fire action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.

Feint
1 Standard action
You may attempt to mislead an opponent in combat so that he can't avoid your attacks as effectively.  Make a Deception check, opposed by an Initiative check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, he grants you Combat Advantage for your next attack.  You must attack the target before the end of your next turn, otherwise you lose the benefit of the feint.

Give an Order
1 Swift action
You can give an order to an ally, to a creature that you have commanded, or to a creature that you have cowed.  The order must be a short phrase (no more than twenty five words).  Alternatively, you may give this order through some sort of sign or signal, in which case, the ally or creature to be commanded must be able to see you and understand the sign or signal, either by possessing a common sign language, or by determining the meaning of the signal beforehand.  You may give the same order to more than one creature at a time, identifying multiple creatures as part of the short phrase.

Grapple
1 Standard action
You may attempt to wrestle with one opponent within reach whose Size is up to one category bigger than your own.  To start a Grapple, you enter your target's square, provoking attacks of opportunity.  You and your target both become grappling.
When you initiate a Grapple, or on any round during which you start your turn grappling, make an Athletics check, opposed by an Athletics check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you may choose to pin him, to deal damage equal to your unarmed attack damage, or to push him one square in any direction, ending the Grapple.  If you fail the opposed Athletics check on the round that you initiate the Grapple, your opponent may immediately make a Grapple against you.

Manipulate an Item
1 Swift action
You may open or close an unlocked door, flip a switch, pull a lever, or otherwise perform a simple manipulation of some ready item, unattended item, or piece of scenery.  When moving, you may Manipulate an Item as a Free action once per round, manipulating an unattended item or piece of scenery in any square that you traverse.

Move
1 Move action
You may move up to your Speed in any direction.  Moving out of a threatened square provokes an attack of opportunity.  You may move through a square that is occupied by a teammate or ally normally.  You may enter, but not move through, a square that is occupied by an opponent.  Entering an enemy's square provokes an attack of opportunity.
Movement Modes: In addition to your base land speed, you may possess one or more of the following modes of movement. Each has additional benefits and restrictions as described below.
Burrow: A creature with a burrow speed can tunnel through dirt, but not through rock unless the descriptive text says otherwise. Creatures cannot charge or run while burrowing. Most burrowing creatures do not leave behind tunnels other creatures can use (either because the material they tunnel through fills in behind them or because they do not actually dislocate any material when burrowing); see the individual creature descriptions for details.
Climb: A creature with a climb speed has a +8 racial bonus on all Climb checks. The creature must make a Climb check to climb any wall or slope with a DC of more than 10, but it always can choose to take 10 even if rushed or threatened while climbing, and without taking double the normal time. The creature climbs at the given speed while climbing. If it chooses an accelerated climb it moves at double the given climb speed (or its base land speed, whichever is lower) and makes a single Climb check at a –5 penalty. Creatures cannot run while climbing. A creature with a climb speed retains its Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus on their attacks against the creature while it is climbing.
Fly: A creature with a fly speed can move through the air at the indicated speed if carrying no more than a light load. (Note that medium armor does not necessarily constitute a medium load.) All fly speeds include a parenthetical note indicating maneuverability, as follows:
—Perfect: The creature can perform almost any aerial maneuver it wishes. It moves through the air as well as a human moves over smooth ground.
—Good: The creature is very agile in the air (like a housefly or a hummingbird), but cannot change direction as readily as those with perfect maneuverability.
—Average: The creature can fly as adroitly as a small bird.
—Poor: The creature flies as well as a very large bird.
—Clumsy: The creature can barely maneuver at all.
A creature that flies can make dive attacks. A dive attack works just like a charge, but the diving creature must move a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. It can make only claw or talon attacks, but these deal double damage. A creature can use the run action while flying, provided it flies in a straight line.
Swim: A creature with a swim speed can move through water at its swim speed without making Swim checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. The creature can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. The creature can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
Mixing Modes of Movement: If you possess multiple modes of movement, you may mix them freely. When doing so, you must keep track of the amount of your total movement that you have taken of each type. For instance, if you have a Land speed of 60 and a Fly speed of 90, you may walk for 20 feet (one-third of your total land speed) and then take flight, taking your remaining movement (two-thirds) by flying 60 feet further.
Balancing and Tumbling: When you use the Acrobatics skill to Balance on a precarious surface or to Tumble past an occupied or threatened space, each square that you move through costs one additional square of movement.
Climbing and Swimming: When you use the Athletics skill to Climb an incline or to Swim through a body of water, each square that you move through costs four times that number of squares of movement. Further, when climbing or swimming in this way, you lose your Dexterity bonus to Defense.
Vehicular Movement: If you are the pilot of a vehicle, you can move your vehicle's Speed in any direction.  When making a vehicle move, you cannot enter a space that you have just left.
Mounted Movement: If you are riding a mount, you can move your mount's Speed in any direction.

Push
1 Standard action
You may attempt to push back an opponent that is up to one Size bigger than you.  To start the Push, you enter your opponent's square, provoking attacks of opportunity. You and your target make opposed Athletics (Str) checks.
If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you push him straight back one square.  For every 4 points by which your check result exceeds that of your opponent, you may push him straight back one additional square, up to your Speed.  If you push your opponent back at least one square, he falls prone at the end of his movement.
If scenery or an object obstructs your path, you may make a Smash attempt as a Free action against the object.  If the Smash attempt is successful, your target smashes through the object and keeps going, otherwise he stops.  Your target suffers damage equal to your unarmed attack damage with either result.
If one or more characters obstruct your path, each intervening character must make an Athletics (Str) check against your check result.  With failure, the character falls prone in a random adjacent square and your target moves past him.  Your target and the intervening character both take damage equal to your unarmed attack damage.
You must move along with your target, ending your movement in the square adjacent to your target within the path of the Push.  You and your target both provoke attacks of opportunity from movement, as normal for the movement resulting from the Push.
If your Athletics check does not equal or exceed that of your opponent, you are pushed one square straight back into the square that you occupied immediately before you entered your target's square.  If this square is occupied, you fall prone.

Recover
1 Full action
You recover, moving +1 step up the condition track.  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Recover action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.  You may not use the Recover action if you are affected by any persistent conditions.

Regroup
1 Standard action
You may take stock of your situation.  Your Initiative count increases by a number equal to 1d6 plus your Intelligence bonus (if positive).

Reload a Weapon
1 Move action
You may replenish the ammunition in one weapon.  This action completely reloads a belt-, drum-, or magazine- fed weapon, up to three shots in a single-fed weapon, or a single bolt in a crossbow.

Roll Out a Fire
1 Move action
If you are on fire, you may roll on the ground to put the fire out.  Each Move action you spend rolling on the ground to put out a fire reduces the fire by one-half.  If the fire is at 1d6 or less, you put it out.

Second Wind
1 Standard action
You may catch your breath, regaining some of your vigor and vitality.  If you are reduced to one-half your maximum hit points or less, you heal one-quarter of your full hit point total (rounded down) or a number of hit points equal to your Constitution score, whichever is greater.  You may use the Second Wind action only once per day.

Shift
1 Swift action
You may shift your position by up to your space.  The first square that you leave is not considered threatened when you move in this way.  You may not Shift if your movement is hampered due to difficult terrain or because you are encumbered or overloaded.

Smash
1 Move action
You may attempt to smash an unattended object or a piece of scenery, such as a statue, a door, or a window.  Make an Athletics check vs the break DC of the object or scenery.  If the object has moved steps down on the condition track, apply its condition penalties to the break DC.  With success, you break through the object or piece of scenery, making a hole or clearing an area large enough for a creature of your Size to pass by.
Special: When performing an All Out Move or a Push, you may make a Smash attempt as a Free action.

Speak
1 Reaction
Any time that you are not flat-footed you may speak.  If you are shouting out a warning or giving vital information during a combat when it is not your turn, you must keep your speech to a short phrase (no more than twenty five words).  You may jeer, trash-talk, or otherwise kibbitz without limitation.

Stand Up
1 Move action
You stand from the prone position and become flat-footed.  You may not Stand Up if you are overloaded.

Strive
1 Full action
If your movement is so hampered that you don't have sufficient speed to move even 1 square, you may spend a Full action to move 1 square in any direction (including diagonally).  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Strive action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.

Sunder
1 Standard action
You may attempt to attack an object that is carried, held, or worn by your opponent.  You provoke an attack of opportunity when you make a Sunder attempt.  Make an attack roll, opposed by an attack roll or an Acrobatics check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you deal damage to the held, carried, or worn object.

Suppress Enemy
1 Standard action
In combat, you can distract or interfere with an opponent, making his attacks more difficult. Select an opponent and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, that opponent takes a -1 penalty on its next attack roll or skill check. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeded DC 10, your opponent takes an additional -1 penalty to his next attack roll or skill check.

Switch Weapon Mode
1 Swift action
Some weapons have multiple modes.  Switching a weapon from single fire mode to auto fire mode is a Swift action.

Total Defense
1 Standard action
You focus entirely on defending yourself from harm.  Make a Tactics check.  You may replace your Reflex Defense with the check result until the beginning of your next turn.  If you choose not to take any attacks of opportunity until the beginning of your next turn, you gain a +4 bonus on your skill check.

Trip
1 Standard action
You may attempt to trip one opponent, up to one Size bigger than you, that you can threaten.  Make an Athletics check opposed by a Strength or a Dexterity check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, he is knocked prone in his square.  If you fail the opposed Athletics check, your target may immediately make a Trip attempt against you.

Withdraw
1 Move action
You can Withdraw from combat, moving up to one-half your Speed in any direction.  You do not provoke attacks attacks of opportunity for leaving a threatened square when you Withdraw.

Combat Modifiers
Combat Modifiers
Combat rarely consists of foes standing toe to toe and bashing away at each other.  Movement and position is key;  If one soldier can fire from behind the cover of a tree at another soldier in the open, the one using cover has an advantage.  Similarly, the use of the Force or other special abilities often creates opportunities that you can exploit.
Temporary advantages and disadvantages in combat are reflected in a set of common attack modifiers.  An attack modifier is a bonus or penalty that applies to your attack roll.  Add the modifier to your attack bonus when you make an attack.

Combat Advantage against target  +2
Attacker is prone  -2
Attacker is restrained  -2
Target has one-quarter cover -2
Target has one-half cover -4
Target has three-quarters cover -8
Target has light concealment -2
Target has medium concealment  -4
Target has heavy concealment  -8
Target has total concealment  -12

Combat Advantage
One of the most common attack modifiers is combat advantage.  Combat advantage represents a situation in which the defender cannot give his full attention to defense.  The defender is pressed by multiple enemies at the same time, stunned, distracted, or otherwise caught off guard.  When you have combat advantage against a target, you gain a +2 bonus to your attack rolls against that target.

The following situations give an attacker combat advantage against a defender:

Defender is...
* Balancing
* Blinded
* Climbing
* Flanked by the attacker
* Flat-footed
* Helpless
* Prone (adjacent attackers only)
* Restrained
* Using an All Out Move
* Squeezing
* Surprised
* Unable to see the attacker
* Unaware of the attacker
* Unconscious

Flanking

Concealment

Cover
Soft Cover

Combat Statistics
Defenses
Your Defenses represent your ability to avoid taking damage and withstand attacks against the body and mind.  You have three defense scores:

Reflex Defense: 10 + one-half your level + Dexterity modifier + class bonus + size modifier

Fort Defense: 10 + one-half your level + Constitution modifier + class bonus + equipment bonus

Will Defense: 10 + one-half your level + Wisdom modifier + class bonus

Your species, feats, talents, and actions may grant additional bonuses to one or more of your defenses.  For example, Gammoreans gain a +2 species bonus to Fort Defense, while a character with the Heroes' Luck feat gains a +1 bonus to all three defenses.

Damage
When you hit with an attack, you deal damage that reduces the target's hit points.

Damage with a melee weapon or a thrown melee weapon is calculated as follows: Weapon damage + one-half heroic level (rounded down) + Strength modifier.

Damage with a ranged weapon is calculated as follows: Weapon damage + one-half heroic level.

Critical Hits
When you roll a natural 20, and your attack roll is high enough to hit your target's Defense, you score a critical hit, also called a "crit".  A critical hit deals an additional two dice of damage.  For instance, a blaster pistol deals 3d6 points of damage.  A critical hit with a blaster pistol deal 5d6 points of damage.

Damage Reduction
A creature with Damage Reduction (DR) ignores a certain amount of damage from every attack.  The amount of damage it ignores is always indicated; for example, an object with DR 10 ignores 10 points of damage from each attack.
Damage reduction is sometimes bypassed by one or more specific damage types (noted after the DR value).  For example, a creature with DR 5/energy ignores 5 points of damage from any source except one that deals energy damage (such as a blaster).
Certain talents and equipment grant DR.  When a chatacter with multiple types of damage reduction takes damage, use whichever damage reduction value most benefits the character, based on the type of damage.  For example, if a character with DR 4 and DR 10/energy is struck by a blaster, it is better for the character to apply his DR 4 against the attack (since DR 10/energy is bypassed by the blaster.
Lightsabers: Lightsabers ignore damage reduction unless specifically noted otherwise.

Damage Threshold
Attacks that deal massive damage can impair or incapacitate you regardless of how many hit points you have remaining.  Your damage threshold determines how much damage a single attack must deal to reduce your combat effectiveness.  Your damage threshold is equal to your total Fortitude bonus, excluding conditional bonuses, such as a Dwarf's bonus to poison saves.

When a single attack made against you deals damage that equals or exceeds your damage threshold, you move one step down the Condition Track.
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Special Combat Rules
Area Attacks
Certain weapons and effects, such as grenades, autofire weapons, or the force slam power, target all creatures in a given area, instead of a single target.
When you make an area attack, you make a single attack roll and compare the result to the Reflex Defense of every target in the area. Creatures whose Reflex Defense your attack roll equals or exceeds take full damage. Creatures whose Reflex Defense your attack roll does not equal or exceed take one-half damage. You may not score a critical hit as part of an area attack.
Autofire Weapons: A weapon set on autofire targets four contiguous squares. See Autofire, below, for more details.
Burst Radius: Grenades and explosives usually have a burst radius. When you make an area attack with such a weapon, you must decide where to center the burst before you make the attack roll. The center of a burst is always the center of a square the size of the burst determines how many squares out from the center square that you count. For instance a 2 square burst (such as from a grenade) affects the center square and every target within two squares of the center square (a circle with a diameter of five squares).
Cone Effects: A cone-shaped effect shoots away from you in a quarter-circle in the direction you designate. It starts from any corner of your square and widens out as it goes.
Splash Weapons: Some weapons have a splash radius. When you make an attack against a target with a splash weapon, that target takes full damage if your attack roll equals or exceeds the targets Reflex Defense, and half damage otherwise. Also, compare your attack roll against the Reflex Defense of every target adjacent to the primary target. If your attack roll equals or exceeds the Reflex Defense of the secondary target, it takes one-half damage. Otherwise it takes no damage.
Evasion: A character with the Evasion talent takes one-half damage from a successful area attack and no damage from an area attack that fails to equal or exceed his Reflex Defense.

Autofire
Any ranged weapon that has an autofire setting can be set on autofire as a Swift action. Some weapons, such as the E-Web repeating blaster, operate only in autofire mode.
An autofire attack is treated as an area attack. You target four contiguous squares, make a single attack roll at a -4 penalty, and compare the result to the Reflex Defense of every creature or object in the area. Creatures you hit take full damage, and creatures you miss take one-half damage. Autofire consumes ten shots or slugs, and it can only be used if the weapon has ten shots or slugs remaining.
Burst Fire: The Burst Fire feat allows you to use a weapon set on autofire against a specific creature instead of an area. You take a -4 penalty on your attack roll, but deal an additional two dice of weapon damage. Using burst fire consumes one-half as many shots or slugs (five, instead of ten). This is not considered an area attack, so a critical hit can be scored and the Evasion talent cannot be used to reduce the damage.

Dying
When you are reduced to 0 or fewer hit points, you are pushed to the bottom of the condition track, you fall unconscious, and you begin dying.

When you are dying, each round on your turn you make an Endurance check as a Reaction.  The DC of the check is equal to the number of hit points below zero that you have (note that you have a -8 penalty on the skill check due to being at the bottom of the condition track).  If you fail the check, but by 9 or fewer points, you suffer 1d6 points of damage (this damage is not subject to damage reduction).  If you fail the check by 10 points or more, you die.  If you succeed on the check, but your check result does not exceed the DC by 10 or more points, nothing happens.  If your check result exceeds the DC by 10 or more, you stop dying, heal to 1 hit point, and are unconscious (and can recover normally).

Ion Damage
Ion weapons emit powerful bursts of electrostatic energy that can disable droids, vehicles, and electrical devices in much the same way that stun weapons can incapacitate living creatures.
Weapons that deal ion damage ignore a target's damage reduction, but not its shield rating.
When you make a successful attack with a weapon that deals ion damage, first compare the damage to the target's Damage Threshold.  If the target is a driod, device, vehicle, or creature with cybernetic implants and the damage equals or exceeds the target's damage threshold, then the target is pushed two steps down the condition track.  If the damage equals or exceeds twice the target's damage threshold, then the target is pushed one additional step down the condition track.
Once the previous step is completed, or if the target is not a droid, device, vehicle, or creature with cybernetic implants, divide the ion damage by four and apply it as normal damage.

Opportunity Attacks
The combat rules assume that participants are actively avoiding attacks. Sometimes a character will take an action that requires him to take his attention away from his defense. Canny combatants can take advantage of these lapses in attention to make opportunity attacks.

Provoking Opportunity Attacks: There are several ways in which you can provoke an Opportunity Attack.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you leave a threatened square.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you enter a square occupied by an enemy.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you take the Aim action.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you make an area attack with an autofire weapon.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you Charge.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you attempt a Sunder.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you make an unarmed attack without the Martial Arts feat.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you retrieve a stored item.
You provoke an attack of opportunity when you use any skill that distracts you or forces you to drop your guard.

Threatened Area: You Threaten any square that you can attack with a readied melee weapon. If you are unarmed and possess the Martial Arts feat, or if you have a readied pistol, carbine, or rifle with a folded stock, you threaten all squares adjacent to you.

Making an Opportunity Attack: When a combatant provokes an Opportunity Attack while in a square that you threaten, you may make an Opportunity Attack against them. An Opportunity Attack is a single free attack that you can make with melee or natural weapons, with a pistol or carbine, with a rifle with the stock folded, or with an unarmed attack if you have the Martial Arts feat. You can only make one Opportunity Attack per round, but you do not have to make an Opportunity Attack if you do not want to. An Opportunity Attack otherwise acts as a Melee or Ranged attack

Shield Rating (SR)
Some droids, devices, and vehicles have a shield rating (SR). Whenever a target with SR takes damage from an attack, reduce the amount of damage by the shield rating. The remaining damage (if any) is dealt to the target's hit points, subtracting damage reduction normally.
Shield Damage: Whenever damage dealt by an attack is reduced by the target's shields, you reduce the target's shield rating. This is called shield damage. The amount of shield damage is determined based on the amount of damage that the attack dealth as compared to the shield's current SR. If the amount of damage dealt by the attack was less than one-half of the SR, the shield takes 5 shield damage. If the amount of damage dealt by the attack was at least one-half of the SR, but did not exceed the shield's SR, the shield takes 10 shield damage. If the amount of damage dealt by the attack exceeded the shield's SR, then the shield takes 15 shield damage.
Special - Overcharged Shields: The Imperial Assault Shuttle has overcharged shields. Any time it takes shield damage, the amount of shield damage is doubled. Further, any time the overcharged shields are reduced to SR 0, there is a 10% chance that the shield generator is destroyed.

Stun Damage
Sometimes you want to knock an enemy unconscious instead of killing him.  That's why many weapons have stun settings and why stun batons and stun grenades are popular with law enforcement agencies throughout the galaxy.
Various melee weapons and blasters have a stun setting, and switching a weapon to its stun setting (or resetting it to normal damage) is a Swift action.  Some stun weapons, such as stun grenades, only have a stun setting.
Weapons that deal stun damage ignore a target's damage reduction and shield rating.
Unless otherwise noted, the stun setting on a blaster weapon is only effective up to the weapon's first range increment.
Only creatures can be stunned, droids, vehicles, and objects are immune to stunning effects.
When you make a successful attack with a weapon that deals stun damage, first compare the damage to the target's damage threshold.  If the target is a creature (not a droid, device, or vehicle) and the damage equals or exceeds the target's damage threshold, then the target is pushed two steps down the condition track.  If the damage equals or exceeds twice the target's damage threshold, then the target is pushed one additional step down the condition track.
Once the previous step is completed, or if the target is a droid, device, or vehicle, divide the stun damage by four and apply it as normal damage.
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:30 pm

Vehicle Combat
Vehicle combat works much like personal combat.  Many of the actions that can be taken by characters in personal combat can also be taken by characters in vehicle combat.  A round of vehicle combat is the same as a round of personal combat, so the two scales of combat can be mixed

Vehicle Combat Actions
Actions in vehicle combat will be presented a little bit differently than they were in the personal combat section.  Each crew position in a vehicle will have the actions that can be taken listed separately.  Some actions may appear more than once, as they can be attempted by different crew positions.

Pilot Actions
Aid Attack
1 Standard action
In combat, you can aid another character's attack by forcing an opponent to avoid your own attacks, making it more difficult for him to avoid your ally. Select an opponent, and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, you grant a +1 bonus on a single ally's next attack roll against that opponent. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, you grant an additional +1 to your ally's next attack roll.
The Pilot can aid the attacks of one of the gunners on his ship, or those of an allied starship.

Aim
1 Move action
Make a Focus check vs DC 15. With a success, you gain a +1 to hit on your next attack. This bonus is lost if you do anything other than make an attack as your next action. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds DC 15, you gain an additional +1 to hit on your next attack.

All Out Move
1 Move action
You may move up to one-and-a-half times your vehicle's speed (round down to the nearest five feet). You grant Combat Advantage to all opponents until the beginning of your next turn.
You cannot use the All Out Move action unless you moved on your last turn.
Because power is diverted to the engines when using the All Out Move action, gunners aboard your vehicle cannot attack until the start of your next turn.

Attack with a Vehicle Weapon
1 Standard action
You may make one attack against an opponent that is within your weapon's maximum range and within line of sight.  Your attack roll with a vehicle weapon is: 1d20 + Base Attack Bonus + your vehicle's Intelligence modifier + miscellaneous modifiers + range penalty (if any).
If you are trained in the Pilot skills, you gain a +2 bonus on attacks made with weapons identified as being crewed by the pilot.
Capital ship weapons are designed for long-range bombardment against large or immobile targets, and they have difficulty tracking very small enemies.  When attacking a target of less than Colossal size, a vehicle that is Colossal (frigate) size or larger takes a -20 penalty on its attack rolls.  Point defense weapons are specifically designed to attack smaller targets and do not take these penalties.

Attack Run
1 Standard action
You may move up to your vehicle's Speed toward any one opponent to which you a straight, clear, unobstructed path, and then make an attack with a vehicle weapon at the target at the end of your movement.  At starship scale, allies do not obstruct your path, but enemy occupied squares do.  You gain a +2 bonus on this attack.  You grant Combat Advantage to all opponents until the beginning of your next turn.

Avoid Collision
Reaction
Any time your vehicle is subject to a collision, you can make a DC 15 Pilot check as a Reaction.  If you succeed on the check, all targets involved in the collision take one-half damage.
You cannot attempt to avoid a collision when you intentionally ram a target.
Starship Scale: Collisions are easier to avoid at starship scale.  If you succeed on the Pilot check to avoid a collision at starship scale, no collision occurs.

Delay
1 Free action
You may wait and see what others are doing by voluntarily lowering your Initiative Count by 1 (permanently setting yourself to act during the new, lower Initiative Count).  You may perform a maximum number of Delay actions in a round equal to your Initiative bonus, after which you must act or forfeit your chance to act in the current round.

Distract
1 Standard action
You may attempt to draw one opponent's attention, causing him to react more slowly.  You make a Persuasion check, opposed by an Initiative check made by your opponent.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, his Initiative Count is reduced by 1d6+1 points (permanently setting him to act during the new, lower Initiative Count).

Double Take
1 Move action
You take a moment to examine your surroundings, allowing you to retry any Reaction to notice some character, object, or detail that you may have failed to notice earlier.  You gain a +4 bonus on this check.

Dogfight
1 Standard action
If you are the pilot of a starfighter, you can initiate a dogfight against an enemy starfighter in an adjacent square.  Make a Pilot check with a -4 penalty, opposed by the enemy's Pilot check.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you and the enemy are engaged in a dogfight.
Consequences of dogfighting: A vehicle engaged in a dogfight must select the dogfight action on every turn, and it cannot move out f its current square until it disengages (see below).  While engaged in a dogfight, you cannot attack any target outside the dogfight.  Finally, you grant Combat Advantage to all opponents while you are engaged in a dogfight.
Firing into a dogfight: If another vehicle fires into a dogfight, it takes a -4 penalty on its attack roll unless the gunner has the Precise Shot feat.
Attacking in a dogfight: Make an opposed Pilot check as a Standard action (as part of taking the dogfight action).  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you may make a single attack with a vehicle weapon as a Swift action.  If you fail, you cannot attack the target, and any gunner on your vehicle take a -5 penalty on attack rolls they make until the end of your next turn.
Disengaging from a dogfight: Make an opposed Pilot check as a Move action.  If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, you successfully disengage from the dogfight and may move a number of squares equal to your speed.  If you fail, you remain in the dogfight, and any gunners on your vehicle take a -5 penalty on attack rolls they make until the end of your next turn.
Attack of Opportunity: If an enemy starfighter passes through your square or an adjacent square, you may attempt to initiate a dogfight as an attack of opportunity.  If successful, the enemy starfighter must stop moving.

Evasive Action
1 Swift action
You may focus on avoiding the attacks of one opponent.  Select an opponent, and make a Pilot check vs DC 15.  With success, you gain a +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent's attacks until the beginning of your next turn.  For every 5 points by which your check result exceeds 15, you gain an additional +1 Dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against that opponent.

Feint
1 Standard action
You may attempt to mislead an opponent in combat so that he can't avoid your attacks as effectively. Make a Deception check, opposed by an Initiative check made by your opponent. If your check result equals or exceeds that of your opponent, he grants you Combat Advantage for your next attack. You must attack the target before the end of your next turn, otherwise you lose the benefit of the feint.

Give an Order
1 Swift action
You can give an order to an ally, to a creature that you have commanded, or to a creature that you have cowed. The order must be a short phrase (no more than twenty five words). Alternatively, you may give this order through some sort of sign or signal, in which case, the ally or creature to be commanded must be able to see you and understand the sign or signal, either by possessing a common sign language, or by determining the meaning of the signal beforehand. You may give the same order to more than one creature at a time, identifying multiple creatures as part of the short phrase.

Full Stop
1 Swift action
If you haven't already moved this turn, you can use a Swift action to bring your vehicle to a full stop.  After that, the vehicle is considered stationary.
You cannot use the Full Stop action if you used the All Out Move action on your previous turn.

Increase Vehicle Speed
1 Swift action
If you are trained in the Pilot skill, you may make a Pilot check vs DC 20 to push your vehicle beyond its normal limits (you can't take 10 on this check).  If the check fails, your vehicle's speed does not increase, and it moves -1 step along the condition track.  If you succeed on the check, your vehicle's speed increases by 1 square until the beginning of your next turn.  For every 4 points by which you exceed the DC, your vehicle's speed increases by 1 additional square.

Move
1 move action
You can move up to your vehicle's speed.  You cannot reenter a square that you just left.

Ram
1 Move action
You  can attempt to ram a target by moving your vehicle into the target's space.  You must have sufficient movement to reach the target's space, and the ram is treated as an area attack.
Make a Pilot check, with a -4 penalty against the target's Reflex Defense.  If the check succeeds, your vehicle, the target, and all passengers aboard vehicles involved in the collision (including you) take the amount of damage listed in table 10-3: Collision Damage.  Assuming you're alive and conscious, you can continue moving through the target's space if your vehicle has any movement left.  Otherwise, your vehicle is pushed out of the target's space and into the nearest unoccupied space.
If your Pilot check fails, your vehicle, the target, and all passengers aboard vehicles involved in the collision (including you) take half damage.  In addition, your vehicle is pushed out of the target's space and into the nearest unoccupied space.
All Out Movement: If any vehicle involved in the collision used the All Out Move action during the turn, double the damage caused by the collision.
Vehicular Evasion: If you have the Vehicular Evasion talent, you can reduce or negate the damage your vehicle and its passengers take when rammed by another vehicle.

Regroup
1 Standard action
You may take stock of your situation.  Your Initiative count increases by a number equal to 1d6 plus your Intelligence bonus (if positive).

Shift
1 Swift action
You may shift your position by up to your space.  The first square that you leave is not considered threatened when you move in this way.  You may not Shift if your movement is hampered due to difficult terrain or because you are encumbered or overloaded.

Speak
1 Reaction
Any time that you are not flat-footed you may speak.  If you are shouting out a warning or giving vital information during a combat when it is not your turn, you must keep your speech to a short phrase (no more than twenty five words).  You may jeer, trash-talk, or otherwise kibbitz without limitation.

Strive
1 Full action
If your vehicle's movement is so hampered that it doesn't have sufficient speed to move even 1 square, you may spend a Full action to move 1 square in any direction (including diagonally).  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Strive action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.

Suppress Enemy
1 Standard action
In combat, you can distract or interfere with an opponent, making his attacks more difficult. Select an opponent and make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10. If you succeed, that opponent takes a -1 penalty on its next attack roll or skill check. For every 5 points by which your check result exceeded DC 10, your opponent takes an additional -1 penalty to his next attack roll or skill check.

Switch Weapon Mode
1 Swift action
Some weapons have multiple modes.  Switching a weapon from single fire mode to auto fire mode is a Swift action.

Total Defense
1 Standard action
You focus entirely on defending yourself from harm.  Make a Pilot check.  You may replace your vehicle's Reflex Defense with the check result until the beginning of your next turn.  All gunners on your vehicle take a -5 penalty on attack rolls for the same period.

Withdraw
1 Move action
You can Withdraw from combat, moving up to one-half your Speed in any direction.  You do not provoke attacks attacks of opportunity for leaving a threatened square when you Withdraw.
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Co-Pilot Actions

Weapons that are normally crewed by the Pilot can instead be crewed by the Co-Pilot.  Reconfiguring weapons systems to be crewed by the Pilot or Co-Pilot requires a Full action.

Aid Another
1 Standard action
You can aid the Pilot achieve success on one Pilot check by making the same kind of skill check versus a DC of 10 in a cooperative effort.  If you succeed on the check, you grant the Pilot a +1 bonus on his nect Pilot check.  For every five points by which your check result exceeds 10, you grant an additional +1 bonus on the Pilot's next Pilot check.

Aid Attack
1 Standard action
The Pilot can aid the attacks of one of the gunners on his ship, or those of an allied starship.

Aim
1 Move action

1 Standard action
You may make one attack against an opponent that is within your weapon's maximum range and within line of sight.  Your attack roll with a vehicle weapon is: 1d20 + Base Attack Bonus + your vehicle's Intelligence modifier + miscellaneous modifiers + range penalty (if any).
If you are trained in the Pilot skills, you gain a +2 bonus on attacks made with weapons identified as being crewed by the pilot.
Capital ship weapons are designed for long-range bombardment against large or immobile targets, and they have difficulty tracking very small enemies.  When attacking a target of less than Colossal size, a vehicle that is Colossal (frigate) size or larger takes a -20 penalty on its attack rolls.  Point defense weapons are specifically designed to attack smaller targets and do not take these penalties.

Delay
1 Free action

Distract
1 Standard action

Double Take
1 Move action

Give an Order
1 Swift action
You can give an order to an ally, to a creature that you have commanded, or to a creature that you have cowed. The order must be a short phrase (no more than twenty five words). Alternatively, you may give this order through some sort of sign or signal, in which case, the ally or creature to be commanded must be able to see you and understand the sign or signal, either by possessing a common sign language, or by determining the meaning of the signal beforehand. You may give the same order to more than one creature at a time, identifying multiple creatures as part of the short phrase.

Regroup
1 Standard action

Speak
1 Reaction

Suppress Enemy
1 Standard action

Switch Weapon Mode
1 Swift action

Gunner Actions
Aid Attack
1 Standard action

Aim
1 Move action

1 Standard action

Called Shot
1 Full action
You may attempt to damage specific starship systems in combat.  Make a Vehicle Weapon Attack with a -4 penalty on your attack roll.  If your attack is successful, you may damage one of the following systems, in addition to dealing your weapon's normal damage: powercore - you cause your opponent's vehicle to move -1 step along the condition track; sublight drive - you reduce your target vehicle's speed by one square; maneuvering thrusters - you reduce the target vehicle's ability to maneuver, inflicting a -2 penalty on Pilot checks made for that vehicle; weapon system - you damage one of the opponent vehicle's weapons, causing the operator of that weapon to take a -2 penalty on attacks made with that weapon.  Penalties caused by a Called Shot remain until the end of the encounter, or until the damaged system receives any form of repairs.

Delay
1 Free action

Distract
1 Standard action

Double Take
1 Move action

Give an Order
1 Swift action

Regroup
1 Standard action

Speak
1 Reaction

Suppress Enemy
1 Standard action

Switch Weapon Mode
1 Swift action

Commander Actions
Aid Another
1 Standard action
You can aid the System Operator achieve success on one Computers check by making the same kind of skill check versus a DC of 10 in a cooperative effort.  If you succeed on the check, you grant the System Operator a +1 bonus on his next Computers check.  For every five points by which your check result exceeds 10, you grant an additional +1 bonus on the System Operator's next Computers check.

Aid Another
1 Standard action
You can aid a Gunner on one attack roll by something something.  Make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10.  If you succeed on the check, you grant the Gunner a +1 bonus on his next attack roll.  For every five points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, you grant an additional +1 bonus to the Gunner's next attack.

Delay
1 Free action

Double Take
1 Move action

Give an Order
1 Swift action

Regroup
1 Standard action

Speak
1 Reaction
Michael Silverbane

Postby Michael Silverbane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:38 pm

System Operator Actions
Aid Another
1 Standard action
You can aid a Gunner on one attack roll by something something.  Make a Tactics check versus a DC of 10.  If you succeed on the check, you grant the Gunner a +1 bonus on his next attack roll.  For every five points by which your check result exceeds DC 10, you grant an additional +1 bonus to the Gunner's next attack.

Aid Another
Any crewman can aid the System Operator on Mechanics checks.

Aid Another
Any crewman can aid the System Operator on Computers checks.

Astrogate
1 Minute
You can attempt to plot a safe course through hyperspace.

Delay
1 Free action

Double Take
1 Move action

Give an Order
1 Swift action

Open Communications
Reaction
You can respond to another vehicle's unsecured communications, after which the two crews can communicate with one another normally, as decribed in the Use Communications action.

Raise or Lower Shields
1 Swift action
You can activate or deactivate the shields on your vehicle.  Shields are generally kept inactive in non-combat situations to reduce strain on the vehicle's systems, and raising shields is often perceived as evidence of hostile intent.

Recharge Shields
1 Full action
You can attempt to recalibrate the shields in combat to restore their capacity to absorb or deflect damage.  Make a Mechanics check DC 20.  With success, you increase your current shield rating by 5 points, up to its normal maximum level.  For every 10 points by which your check result exceeds DC 20, you increase your current shield rating by an additional 5 points, up to its normal maximum level.  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Recharge Shields action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.

Secure Communications
1 Move action
Once communications are established, both system operators may attempt to secure the communications channel from outside observation.  Each System Operator in the communications-link makes a Computers check.  The highest of these checks sets the DC to intercept and decipher communications from outside the channel.

Use Communications
1 Swift action
You can hail a vehicle's communication system, and set up communications between two vehicle crews, or between different sections or crew positions within a vehicle.

Use Sensors
Reaction
Using a ship's sensors involves making a Computers check for much the same functions as the Perception skill is normally used.  You make a Computers check to use a ship's sensors to avoid surprise, notice targets, or search a ship's exterior for hidden weapons or compartments.

Engineer Actions
Aid Another
1 Standard action
Any crewman can aid the Engineer on Mechanics checks.

Combat Repairs
1 Minute
You can attempt to make repairs to your vehicle or to one of the vehicle's systems during combat.  Make a DC 30 Mechanics check, applying any penalties from the vehicle's position on the condition track to your roll.  With success, you restore 1d8 points of damage.  By increasing the DC of the check by 5, you may attempt to make the repairs in one-half the time (5 rounds).

Delay
1 Free action

Double Take
1 Move action

Extinguish a Fire
1 Full action
You may attempt to extinguish a fire on an adjacent character, or an adjacent square. Spraying or dumping water on a burning character or square reduces a fire by 1d6 points of damage per gallon of water applied to the fire. Shoveling or dumping sand or some other smothering material on a burning character or square reduces a fire by 2d6 points of damage per round. Smothering a fire with a blanket reduces a fire by 1d3 points of damage per round. Using a fire extinguisher reduces a fire by 4d6 points of damage per round. Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make an Extinguish a Fire action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.

Give an Order
1 Swift action

Jury-Rig
1 Full action
You can make temporary repairs to a disabled vehicle.  Make a Mechanics check vs DC 25.  If you succeed on the check, you move the vehicle +2 steps along the condition track and repair damage equal to one-quarter of the vehicle's total hit points.  At the end of the scene or encounter, the vehicle moves -5 steps along the condition track and becomes disabled again.

Lockdown
1 Full action
Make a DC 20 Mechanics check to move your vehicle +1 step along the condition track.  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Lockdown action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.
You cannot use the Lockdown action if your vehicle has a persistent condition.

Manipulate an Item
1 Swift action
You may open or close an unlocked door, flip a switch, pull a lever, or otherwise perform a simple manipulation of some ready item, unattended item, or piece of scenery.  When moving, you may Manipulate an Item as a Free action once per round, manipulating an unattended item or piece of scenery in any square that you traverse.

Recover
1 Full action
You recover, moving +1 step up the condition track.  Under conditions when you may not take a Full action (such as when you are slowed) you may make a Recover action by using 3 Swift actions, which may be used across consecutive rounds.  You may not use the Recover action if you are affected by any persistent conditions.

Regroup
1 Standard action

Reroute Power
1 Standard action
Make a DC 25 Mechanics check to divert power to one system, temporarily increasing the efficacy of that system.  If you succeed on the check you can apply one of the following effects: increase weapon damage - You incease the damage of a vehicle weapon by one die; increase shield SR - You increase the current shield rating by 5; increase vehicle speed - You increase the speed of the vehicle by one; increase maneuverability - You increase the vehicle's Reflex Defense by 2.  These effects apply until the beginning of your next turn.

Restore System
1 Minute
You can attempt to restore one disabled vehicle system.

Second Wind
1 Standard action
You may catch your breath, regaining some of your vigor and vitality.  If you are reduced to one-half your maximum hit points or less, you heal one-quarter of your full hit point total (rounded down) or a number of hit points equal to your Constitution score, whichever is greater.  You may use the Second Wind action only once per day.

Speak
1 Reaction

And... That is finally it. Its a lot (I essentially rewrote large chunks of the game using some concepts out of 4e and my own personal preferences). I hope that some of it can be useful...
Michael Silverbane

Postby KingOfIllefarn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Michael Silverbane wrote:I'm a little late to the discussion, but here's some of the (many) house rules that I used for my most recent SWSE campaign...

As it turns out, this is a ginormous wall of text... *shrug*

:shock:

No, this is fantastic! I have barely scratched the surface of all your rules, but after the first post it is uncanny....almost all of your basic changes have either been implemented by my SW group, or considered by me as rules in my quest for my own universal d20 system. I just wish I could put rubber to the road the way you do. I will read them all with envy....and steal most of it...shhhh
KingOfIllefarn

Postby Michael Silverbane » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 am

Steal away, that's why I posted them.

There were a few (dozens and dozens) of things that we either tried out in play or that I was considering that never got written down anywhere at all, as well as big chunks of text that got left out in favor of the much more expedient [write something here] or [blah blah blah].

One thing that we did in play, but that I never got around to writing down was an encounter where I decided that, yes, you can try to hack a droid remotely if it has an internal commlink and/or a remote processor. I later also applied this principle to ship's computers and to the hyperspace navigation beacons. It was certainly a good time.
Michael Silverbane

Postby KingOfIllefarn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:36 am

Michael Silverbane wrote:Steal away, that's why I posted them.

There were a few (dozens and dozens) of things that we either tried out in play or that I was considering that never got written down anywhere at all, as well as big chunks of text that got left out in favor of the much more expedient [write something here] or [blah blah blah].

One thing that we did in play, but that I never got around to writing down was an encounter where I decided that, yes, you can try to hack a droid remotely if it has an internal commlink and/or a remote processor. I later also applied this principle to ship's computers and to the hyperspace navigation beacons. It was certainly a good time.

Yeah, we've found that it is easy to apply logic to many situations or technologies in Star Wars......that pretty much blows the Star Wars right out of it. It has been a constant struggle not to turn it into "Shadowrun-in-Space", where paranoid "StarRunners" hide in asteroid belts and travel with six ship ID's and twelve fake credsticks, because the average life expectancy under the Galactic Empire (that controls hyperspace communications) is like 3 weeks........Rebel Fleet my ass.
KingOfIllefarn

Postby KingOfIllefarn » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:40 am

KingOfIllefarn wrote:Yeah, we've found that it is easy to apply logic to many situations or technologies in Star Wars......that pretty much blows the Star Wars right out of it. It has been a constant struggle not to turn it into "Shadowrun-in-Space", where paranoid "StarRunners" hide in asteroid belts and travel with six ship ID's and twelve fake credsticks, because the average life expectancy under the Galactic Empire (that controls hyperspace communications) is like 3 weeks........Rebel Fleet my ass.

Oh, forgot. Speaking of Shadowrun, I read a great piece of advice awhile back about running SR games. The poster said that the first rule was that Shadowrunners exist. Therefore it is up to the GM to not make it impossible for them to do so. Or it isn't Shadowrun.

Ironically, we've had to apply that to our Star Wars game to ward off the Shadowruns. ;)
KingOfIllefarn

Postby Imagist » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 am

We tried to run a modernesk SWSE campaign, but kept everything in except Jedi, the force, and spacetravel. Instead, everything revolved around dreams and the power of the imagination. Basically, players could take the [Awakened] feat (Force Sensitivitity) and the [Imagination] feat (Force Training) to gain access to Imagination manifests (Force powers). Unlike SWSE where there was lightside and darkside, everything was tied to reality and dreams. A character could begin play with a certain "race" (since everyone was human) and that race would treat certain manifests as racial manifests, meaning the character could use them without gaining a dream point. A character could learn other non-racial manifests, but using them accrued dream points (darkside points), and if a character's dream points equalled or exceeded their Wisdom score, they would litterally fade away into dreams (having lost all ties to reality they would disappear and be taken wholey to the realm of dream as an NPC character).

Characters could also take "strictures" (supernatural compulsions) to use manifests without accrueing dream points, such as the magic stricture which added verbal and stomatic components to a manifest and increased its activation time to a full-round action. All manifests were activated with an Imagination skill check (Use the Force), and so some uses of it could be used without gaining dream points. It was kind of fun and just reworked the mechanics a bit. Mostly everything was left in and it was fun to play. Karsynergie (the Empire) never knew what hit them.
"Things will get better. Then they will get worse. Then they will get better again. Just remember, if it's not good, than it is not the end."
- Author Unknown
Imagist

Postby Darl_Loh » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:01 pm

Disclaimer: A lot of this is rehashed material from my super long post (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=83). Check that thread out for clarification on some of this stuff.
j0lt wrote:I don't think that going in the direction of 4e is what we're looking to do here. The character class mechanic is far too restrictive, the multi-classing virtually nonexistant, and everything about the system is designed to pigeon-hole players into combat roles with a complete disregard for all other aspects of RPGs.

I sort of agree. But I think you might be missing the forest for the trees with this one. When you get right down to it, D&D is about kicking in doors, killing monsters and taking their $h!t. 4E does that quite well. In actual play, 4e works great for group skirmish combat. Everyone is participating in a meaningful, but unique way. “pigeon-holing” characters into their combat role is one of the main reasons this works so well...and as far as I can see, having a defined skirmish combat (SC) role is about the only good reason I can think of for restricting what capabilities a character can have. So why not use that to our advantage. Let’s “pigeon-hole” characters into a role with regards to the talents/feats they can take with regards to SC. However, when it comes to anything outside of that lets make it things much more open. Who says that the Striker can’t be the best diplomat, while the Leader is the mechanic. Or any number of other combinations. There are no shortage of good skill based RPGs on the market that place very few restrictions on what capabilities a character can choose. They simply mix and match to heart’s content. I think with e20 we can get the best of both worlds. A level based game that gives us ease of scaling and balancing both for encounters and within the party; the most important aspect to balance, being combat. Having defined roles for the characters and enemies in combat facilitates this quite well. Meanwhile we give characters much more freedom in choosing capabilities outside of SC. For instance, if my soldier doesn’t need to multiclass into noble to pick up diplomacy talents (that don’t apply to SC) or multiclass into scoundrel in order to learn computer slicing than multiclass becomes nearly obsolete. I simply pick a soldier and decide how I want him to “soldier” the battlefield (Lead, Strike, Guard or Control). Then I am free to choose my capabilities outside the SC realm to heart’s content.
Here is my suggestion:
For the character’s class, it chooses one of the four roles (Guardian, Striker, Leader, Controller) and also chooses a secondary role which must be tied to a particular power source. The character gains most class features, HPs, skill, etc. from the primary role and gains 1 class feature from the secondary role. Just for clarification, when I say the character gains a feature from the secondary role, that doesn't mean they steal a feature from another class. So the P: Striker/S: Controller would get a different feature for the S: Controller than a P: Leader/S: Controller would get. Another idea…maybe the character gets to choose a freebie class feature from a list of freebies, just to give the character a little unique flair.

Each class (Role) will have a base number of talent trees. All talent trees would be first divided between capabilities in SC and Non-skirmish combat (NSC). The base number of talent trees should be a multiple of 4 as each talent tree will be tied to power source (assuming 4 base power sources) and then be subdivided thematically. Anytime a character gains a SC talent it can choose one from any of the talent trees associated with the primary role or any of the talent trees associated with the appropriate combination of secondary role and chosen power source. For characters that choose a secondary role that is the same as their primary (P: guardian/S: guardian), there will be a unique Talent Tree they can choose from. Although this gives them less total talents than other builds they get the unique talent tree.
The NSC combat talent trees would be less role defined. The vast majority of the NSC talent trees would be unspecific. This means, whenever any character gains a NSC talent, it can choose from any of these generic talent trees. However, each role would have a few NSC talent trees specific to it. So a character could also choose from any of these talent trees associated with its primary role and any of the talent trees associated with its secondary role + power source combination.
Instead of regular multiclass there would be a multiclass feat allows characters to swap for a Talent from a third role or from the same secondary role and a new power source.
j0lt wrote:The main alteration is the damage system. I think Vitality and Wounds is the best damage system I've seen to date. If properly combined with other rules (such as massive damage, critical hits, etc...), it becomes a much more realistic damage model than standard Hit Points.

Must disagree. I don’t think we want realistic. I think we want cinematic, but not ridiculous. The main problem with VP/WP system was characters took WP damage at the wrong time. It was all by luck; which is completely realistic but makes for a bad game system. We only want the heroes to take wound damage when they mess up (or they get defeated). If you can’t dodge bullets and stand out in the open while someone fires a machine gun at you that is just silly. There is no way you should get anywhere near your full defense and you should probably actually get hurt if not killed for acting like that. Check out my thread above or the combat post for how I suggest have different threat levels for different attacks.
j0lt wrote:Firearms Houserule:

You should really check out what I came up with regarding this. It redesigns most of the aspects you hit up, although slightly different than you suggest.
j0lt wrote:Another problem with the d20 System in general is that it isn't designed for finesse-style fighters to be very effective, yet in most stories, the finesse fighter is nigh unstoppable. I don't believe that a character should be punished for their choice in weapon if it's not the "biggest and strongest". A small fix for this would be modifying the Weapon Finesse feat to allow the character's Dex modifier to replace Strength for both attacks and damage. Then some more talents and feats devoted to such forms of combat.

While I agree with your point I disagree with the solution. I think the whole idea of a finesse fighter vs as strength fighter is a little silly. Assuming you have watched some MMA before, you know that those guys are both fast and strong. The best ones combine as much strength and finesse into their overall athleticism as possible. Take the ten general physical skills: Cardiovascular Endurance; Stamina; Strength; Flexibility; Power; Speed; Coordination; Accuracy; Agility; Balance. We could literally spend pages arguing about how to subdivide these ten among 2, 3 or 4 different physical “ability scores.” Or, we could just realize that when it comes to function, these ten are essentially going to even out to some average that will determine a large portion of how well a person performs athletically. If e20 was mainly concerned with representing how well characters perform at different sports, than it might be more important to get down in the weeds about a character’s strength and power vs its agility and coordination. However, it’s a heroic action game and one of our primary physical applications is combat. Combat is all about the unknown and unknowable and will likely involve all of those skills and reward the person most balanced in the ten. So I would say the best bet is to have a consolidated ability called Physique, which represents the characters overall athleticism. However, this leaves one thing out. Size. It matters. Physique is a character’s pound for pound physical ability while Mass (size) represents how big a character is. After all, the best 140 lb, pound for pound wrestler simply won’t be able to do much to a 300 lb football linebacker in a wrestling match. The physique mass interaction is the same interaction that any athlete has to go through when training. What is better, size, or pound for pound athletic ability? Same choice players now have to make (see below):
a. The new ability scores- average human is 4 (minimum MASS for medium sized humanoid is 4). Ability score and ability score max increases with level to a max of 11 (although special situations may allow characters to exceed this limit). All abilities have an ability bonus which = ability score -4.
i. PHYSIQUE - Physique is a measure of a character’s overall physical conditioning. Not simply dexterity or physical strength, it is a reflection of the whole package.
ii. MASS- Mass is the primary indicator of overall physical presence. High mass could be either a lot of fat, or mounds of honed muscle, depending upon the Physique of the character.
iii. INTELLIGENCE- A description of pure intellectual processing power; how thorough, deep, and complex the thought of any individual is.
iv. ACUITY- The speed at which thought occurs, and how quickly an individual processes information; commonly referred to as instinct, common sense, or cunning.
v. PRESENCE- The character’s force of personality combined with their mental and emotional toughness; a mix of willpower and charisma.

b. Derived Scores
i. REACTION = (best 3 of 4 - PHYSIQUE + INTELLIGENCE + ACUITY + PRESENCE)/3; Combat effectiveness.
a. REACTION BONUS = REACTION – MASS. This is also the number of Reaction Points (see my other thread) the character gets.
ii. FORTITUDE = (PHYSIQUE + MASS + PRESENCE)/3; Overall toughness and resolve to fight.
iii. WILL= (INTELLIGENCE + ACUITY + PRESENCE)/3; Mental and emotional agility and toughness.

c. Defenses
i. Reflex Defense = 10 + REACTION; Ability to react to and ward off physical attacks.
ii. Fortitude Defense = 10 + FORTITUDE; A character’s ability to shrug off physically debilitating conditions and continue in the face of physical adversity.
iii. Will Defense = 10 + WILL; A character’s ability to resist mental subversion and attack.
iv. Base HPs = PHYSIQUE + PRESENCE + MASS + MASS, Wounds = as per level and type (minion, henchmen, hero/villain) + Mass bonus

3. Task Resolution Basics- Reaction or Ability score + Level bonus + Skill Bonus + 1d20 vs DC. In the case of attacks the vast majority of physical attacks will use Reaction + skill vs relevant defense + relevant skill. For example, a blaster rifle on lightsaber attack would be Reaction + level bonus + rifles (Attacker) vs Reaction + level bonus + Lightsaber (defender). Another example, a feint might be Presence + level bonus + Lightsaber (attacker) vs Will + level bonus + Lightsaber (defender). Bonus damage depends on the attack power used; ranged and melee basic attacks use the REACTION bonus as the damage bonus. In addition, all melee attacks gain a damage bonus equal to the MASS bonus. The skill bonus and ability scores increase as the character levels.
j0lt wrote:Next on the list is Called Shots. I'm not sure why the developers of the various d20 System-based games have been avoiding a mechanic to handle the targeting of specific body parts

I have to agree with previous devs on this one. I think the effects you are talking about are best left to talents. Otherwise, what is the point of having the different talents? If you want called shots, why not just make the basic combat actions list extremely detailed and have characters take feats to improve on their capabilities on the long list of different actions. I think called shots are only needed for vehicles or large creatures/monsters that have specific systems or body parts that are worth targeting. Otherwise we can assume characters are either trying to make the most effective attack possible, or they are making an attack with talent that lets them achieve a special effect.
valetutto wrote:Criticals.

My suggestion:
Hero/Villain Attack
Natural 20 = auto hit and auto crits if 20 + modifiers meets or exceeds the target defense. May spend a Fate Point (see my long thread for more on them) to crit if the attack roll wouldn’t hit the target defense.
Henchman Attack
Natural 20 = auto hit. If 20 + modifiers meets or exceeds the target defense the GM may spend a Fate Point to crit.
Minion Attack
Natural 20 = auto hit. Minions can’t crit.
valetutto wrote:But even for combat it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I do a lot of fighting(IRL) and this would indicate that any opponent could hit me 5% of the time which simply isn't the case. If I've got 10yrs of experience on the guy he's just not going to get me with a 5% frequency.

True, but HPs doesn’t necessarily mean the guy actually connected with a solid blow or almost got you in an arm bar (not sure what kind of fighting you do). In that scenario you would be fighting what amounted to minion (henchman at best). So I would describe a hit to HPs as a combo that threw off your attack pattern/strategy or made you defend a little harder and backpedal/reposition. If the minion was really lucky I might describe one out of three 20s as actually connecting (but then probably only a solid jab). Auto hit on 20 is important in the game to prevent characters from being complacent/invulnerable.
GMSarli wrote:Personally, I'm inclined toward something like this for Defense scores:

I would have to disagree on having 4 defenses. From what you are saying, it seems like the only reason to have the 4th defense is so you have a defense to add an armor bonus to (after all, you say that Primary and Reflex will likely be really close for unarmored characters). My thing is I have just never seen a really good explanation of why armor shouldn’t do what it actually does (reduce damage) and instead do something it doesn’t actually do (help avoid damage). I completely get the whole abstraction of HPs and how armor over an average of hits is absorbing some damage, etc, etc. However, if we can have armor do what it actually does, without throwing off game balance/fun, then why abstract. The big issue with DR in the RCR was it only applied to WPs which came into play rarely enough that the armor feats and extra armor capabilities often weren’t worth the hassle even for characters that might normally want armor. My suggestion, (more fleshed out in my long post) is that armor provides DR for HPs but also gives a bonus to saves to avoid taking a wound (in the correct situation).
GMSarli wrote:As for "saving throws," I might use something similar to 4E's set-up to handle recovery from lasting effects, but it would probably be more like this:
1d20 + [Dex/Con/Wis modifier for Ref/Fort/Will saves, respectively] vs. DC 10

Ok, but which thing that I am saving against is tied to which save (Ref/Fort/Will)? Is saving against being slowed Fort, Ref or Will? How about dazed or stunned? I could probably make good arguments for any of them to be any of the saves. If we are using saves to avoid traps or mental attacks then it makes sense, but we are already using defenses for that (and I like that). I think saves are best left as a flat die roll, with the exception of special feats, talents or enhancements that give them bonuses. This makes bonuses to saves extremely special. I also wouldn’t mind an expansion of the save mechanic for defensive purposes, a la Star Wars miniatures. Where the character might have a minor or major talent (immediate reaction of course) that allows it to make a save to reduce or avoid damage from certain attacks.

GMSarli wrote:I'd really like the average improvement from level to level -- including 1/2 level, raising ability scores, skill focus improvements, and so forth -- to come out to be about 1 point per level. (This makes it really easy for the GM to adapt stats on the fly -- if you need an NPC to be 2 levels higher, just add 2 to everything.)

Going to have to disagree slightly again. I think +1 per two levels is much better because many of the genres this game is meant to service simply do not have as steep and flat (as in lots of “things” at each power level) power curve as D&D/high fantasy. Most of the power curves are tiered (distinct levels between minions, henchmen, heroes/villains, “uber dudes”)with the number of “things” available for the characters to face at higher levels much less numerous. With +1 per two levels you get much more mileage out of enemies and don’t change much in terms of difficulty in adjusting the encounter. An NPC 2 levels higher gets +1. An NPC 1 level higher either gets +1 or +0 (as GM I would either look at the chart or just make a judgment based on the strength of the party). What you don’t get is characters that are for “in reality” exceptional humans interacting with the game world as though they are demi-gods.
GMSarli wrote:That said, I'm not sure how big I want the "trained" skill bonus to be. Saga gives a +5, but I'm currently leaning toward +2 for training, with focus improving that to +3 at low levels and automatically improving to +4 and then +5 at higher levels. (If we went with training being worth +5, I'd instead want focus to be worth +1 at 1st and eventually improving to +5 at the high end.)
[/quote][/quote]
I really like this.
Darl_Loh

Postby Inquisitor Tremayne » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:40 pm

For what it is worth I will post the entirety of my house rules. Note that these are for an infinities Star Wars Dark Times game...

House rules
Updated 2-15-2010

Available books: All WotC published books are available to use for the game including the errata. However, most era specific equipment presented in The Legacy Era Campaign Guide is unavailable for use, seeing as how most of that equipment has not been created yet.

Disclaimer about the Force: I will not warn you if the action your character is about to take will give you a dark side point or not. I also will not define what the Force, the Light side and the Dark side are in an attempt to rationalize whether or not a dark side point is warranted for a character’s actions. We are all levelheaded people and have a somewhat firm grasp of good and evil, but know that this campaign is a heroic one. With that said I encourage players to flirt with the dark side if it befits you character concept, there really is no penalty to having dark side points, until you get enough to equal your Wisdom score that is! So have fun!

Abilities
When creating a character you should use the point buy system using 30 points.

Species
Ithorians: Only Ithorian characters with the Force sensitivity feat can utilize the Bellow special ability.

Gen’Dai: the Gen’Dai species is banned as a playable species.

Classes
Multi-classing: When a character chooses to multi-class into another class they may choose to take the feat Skill Training instead of selecting one of the starting feats for the given class.

Force Adept Prestige Class: The Force Adept prestige class now gains a full base attack bonus progression. However, it does not gain the listed defense scores but gains a +2 to Reflex, Fortitude, and Will defenses.

Retraining: Upon reaching a new level a character may choose to retrain one feat or talent. To do so you must determine at what level the character took the feat or talent that you wish to replace. Then compare that to the new feat or talent the character wishes to learn. If the character at that level was eligible (would meet any prerequisites) for the new feat or talent, then they may replace the feat or talent at that level for their new one. (Similar to the retraining rules in D&D 3.5)

Example: Todrin wishes to replace his Dead Eye feat for Weapon Focus (unarmed strike). He took Dead Eye at 3rd level and he also meets the prereqs for Weapon Focus (simple weapons) at 3rd level. So he retrains Dead Eye for Weapon Focus (simple weapons).

Feats and talents that provide a static (always on) bonus such as Skill Focus or Weapon Focus are not available for retraining.

Feats
Starship Tactics: Any character trained in the Pilot skill automatically gains the Starship Tactics feat and adds 1 + Wisdom modifier in Starship Maneuvers to their suite. Likewise, any character that takes the feat Skill Focus (Pilot) gains the Starship Tactics feat a second time, adding more maneuvers to their suite.

Heroic Traits
Destiny Points: Destiny points may no longer be used to cause an automatic critical hit.

Combat
Explosions: when a character takes damage from a frag grenade, thermal detonator, character scale missiles, anti-personal mines, starship weapons that deal area damage, or any other type of explosive device, that character is knocked 1d6 squares backward and lands prone. The character also drops any object(s) they are holding.

The Edge of Exhaustion: If you have already used your second wind(s) for the day, you can catch another second wind by voluntarily moving –1 persistent step down the condition track. The persistent condition remains until you’ve had surgery performed on you or until you get eight consecutive, uninterrupted hours of rest.

Equipment
Ion and Stun Damage: Ion and Stun damage no longer deals half damage.

Antidote Kit: may be used in place of a medpac to treat poison and adds +5 to the Treat Injury check. 250 credits.

Life Support pack: functions as a medpac but adds +10 to the Treat Injury check. May also be used in place of a medpac to revive a character from death and adds +5 to the Treat Injury check. 500 credits.

Comlinks: comlinks no longer function like real world cell phones in my game. Comlinks function as they do in the SECR. They are essentially a two-way walkie-talkie that you can adjust frequencies on, but some models do have a text messaging feature. They do not function as datapads.

Homing Beacon: a homing beacon is a tiny .5 kg device that allows the user the ability to track a ship even through multiple hyperspace jumps.  Homing beacons can be set to a frequency that communicates with your datapad, portable computer, personal computer, sensor pack, or vehicle computer.  Homing beacons are difficult to detect and add a +10 equipment bonus to Stealth checks used to hide the device and a DC 30 Use Computer check to detect the broadcasted signal.  Cost 1,000 credits, Availability Restricted.

Nightvision goggles: is a .5 kg device that grants the wearer darkvision. However, in areas of bright light the wearer is considered blind due to the photoreceptors being flooded with light. Cost 300 credits, Availability Military.

Computers, holonet and slicing: During this time period the Holonet has been restricted for Imperial Military use only. Meaning everyday holonet access is restricted. This has been a significant blow to the galactic community and has essentially cut off thousands of star systems from communicating with the rest of the Galaxy. Occasionally there will be news broadcasts, but only what the Empire wants the galaxy to know. Planets now must rely on their own subspace transmission relays so that they can still communicate with their own population.

Accessing the Holonet has become extremely difficult; to simply gain a connection you must succeed on a Use Computer check DC 25. Then an opposed Use Computer check must be made against the Holonet to determine if the illegal connection has been noticed. The Holonet has an Intelligence of 40, a Will Defense of 30, a +25 to Use Computer, and a starting attitude of hostile.

However, individual planetary subspace transmissions (basically the internet) are still relatively intact. The normal Use Computer rules apply to dedicated planetary transmissions, yet these are often much slower than the Holonet. While using a planetary subspace transmission double the normal time it would take for any Use Computer check.

The Force
Advancing levels: A character must have a mentor in order to take a level in or advance in the Jedi class. A mentor is defined as any character with levels in the appropriate class or PrC. Upon reaching their 7th heroic level a PC no longer needs a mentor in order to advance in the Jedi class.

Temptation of the Dark Side: the rules for the seductive Dark Side as presented on page 85 of The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide are available for Force Sensitive characters to use.

Atoning: The optional rule for atoning on page 85 of The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide will also be used.

“Lost” Force powers: With the loss of so many Jedi and the loss of the Jedi archives due to Order 66, several Force Powers are now considered “lost” to time. The following powers may not be selected for a characters suite of Force powers: All Force Training Regiments, All Lightsaber Training Regiments, Combustion, Detonate, Fold Space, Force Light, Sever Force, Malacia, Memory Walk, Mind Shard, Morichro, Phase, Plant Surge, Shatterpoint, and Thought Bomb. If a character is able to locate a Force Sensitive individual that knows one or more of these lost Force powers, the character may then train with the “master” and from there is able to select a lost Force Power to add to their suite of Force powers the next time the character is able to gain a Force power.

Move Object: Move object deals damage based on the size of the object being moved not the result of the Use the Force check. Move Object targets the Reflex Defense of a target. There is no maximum to the distance that a target may be moved as long as it is still within line of sight. You may still only move an object 6 squares a round. Any creature moved by the Move Object Force power lands prone, unless the Force User wants the creature to land on its feet.

Special: During the Rise of the Empire and Rebellion eras, Force-Sensitive characters suffer a –10 circumstance penalty on all Use the Force checks to determine the location and goings-on of any dark side character. If attempting to discern the location or activities of the current Sith Lords the Use the Force check must succeed at an opposed roll vs. a Use the Force check from the reigning Dark Lord of the Sith, also at the same circumstance penalty.
The Sith Lords need not be aware of the Sense attempt. Even if the check succeeds, the information gained is vague (“…the dark side surrounds the chancellor…”) unless it is something the Sith want them to see.

Vehicles
The following hyperspace rules replace the rules for determining travel time in the SECR and work WITH the astrogation rules presented in the Starships of the Galaxy.

Hyperspace travel: Travel within the same region of space; When traveling within the same region of space (Outer Rim for example) calculate the time using the following formula: 1d10 hours x hyperdrive modifier.

Travel across multiple regions; When traversing multiple regions calculate the time using the following formula: 1d12+3 hours x hyperdrive multiplier + n days. Where "n" equals +1 day per region crossed.

Example: When traveling from the Core to the Outer Rim use the formula 1d12+3 hours x hyperdrive modifier + 5 days (for crossing through 5 regions of space). Or when traveling only in the Outer Rim use the formula 1d10 hours x hyperdrive modifier.

Hyperspace lanes: When traveling along a major hyperspace lane divide the total time in half.
"It is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."
Inquisitor Tremayne

Postby Korwin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:41 am

For playing D&D 3.X
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Category:Tome
Basically an non-Spellcaster fix, if I cant use those I play an Spellcaster.

For SWSE I use the Skill Focus HR:
You get +1 to the skill every uneven level to an max of +5 at Level 9.

Dont play 4e.
Korwin

Postby Vassileios » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Hey everyone!

Speaking of house rules as a way of enhancing your game, I was wondering if Mr. Sarli's Gunslinger prestige class for Star Wars Revised is still salvageable. I can't seem to find it anywhere!

Thanks in advance! :)
Vassileios

Previous

Return to General Discussion