e20 System Progress?

General topics such as design philosophy, style, tone, and the like.

Moderator: GMSarli

e20 System Progress?

Postby the-golem » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:40 am

Hello friends :-)

I should stress that I've been interested in e20 since I first heard (which the Kickstarter project was still open) and have been tracking it, albeit passively, since. Honestly, I haven't had an active presence, as there was little need (for me) to get involved when I couldn't offer any real input. Up till recently, I had no gaming group of any sort to even propose running a playtest for.

Anyway, today I stopped by to visit and freshen up with the threads, and I noticed that the e20system page has been changed. That is, [url]e20system.com[/url] redirects to http://www.gmsarligames.com/e20/ This isn't really a big deal, and I like the new design, but it leaves me wondering some things. The old e20 info pages don't seem to be accessible from a link through the new site (although they still exist and can be reached through the url. Also, with the new webpage, the e20Lite PDF isn't accessible directly. (But is through the old URL).

Now, I've noticed that the forum activity has slowed down quite a bit from when it first started, which is perfectly understandable, but I'm still stumped as to its progress.

So, what's going on with e20? Has the system reached a bit of maturity? Is it possible that a new e20Lite PDF is going to be pushed out soon?

Thanks in advance!
the-golem

Re: e20 System Progress?

Postby preacher23 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:20 am

I've been lurking in the background for sometime and don't post here often, but I can tell you that the patron and senior patron forums are a buzzing hive of activity. Numerous brains more capable than mine are designing the system and making daily posts, I assure you.
preacher23

Postby Inquisitor Tremayne » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:30 am

The decision on who is going to write what has just been made, so look for an increase in activity over the next few months.

We are indeed designing away!

In the meantime there are a few Playtest threads up around here somewhere that you can read.
"It is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things."
Inquisitor Tremayne

Postby joela » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:57 am

Is there ANY news when patrons are suppose to receive their HCs!?! There's a lot of "buzzing activity" but where's the promised product? That rough draft pdf is just carp. :evil:
joela

Postby Darthmoe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:05 am

Due to unavoidable emergency circumstances e20 was delayed for a second time. Work has resumed but Gary was and still is unavailable to work on the project so now the weight of fiinishing the entire thing has fallen in Gary's editor. At this time there are no projected projected release dates and no deadlines will be set. However work is underway it's happening slowly but surely.

The only thing I can tell you is Gary was become unavailable due to emergency circumstances we don't even know what the circumstances and speculation will not help, but at senior patron level we seem to be in agreement that our first concern is Gary's well being. That being said there are people more qualified than I to give you updates.
Darthmoe

Postby Darthmoe » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 am

I also forgot to stress the work being done is strictly on a volunteer basis. Jatku took for Gary as a favor to him and the patrons.
Darthmoe

Postby ronin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Anything new to report?
ronin

Postby jazzencat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:16 pm

I think the technical term for the state of this project is "dead in the water", or perhaps "vaporware."
jazzencat

Postby Nikosandros » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 pm

More like "money down the toilet".
Nikosandros

Postby ronin » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 pm

Perhaps the new year will bring a progress report?
ronin

Postby Stacie_GmrGrl » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 am

I said this in the Patrons section but I'll say it here also...

After all this time, the only thing I can say to Gary is he can go **** himself and I hope he deserves whatever he gets and I will always tell others how bad of a job he handled this fiasco.
Stacie_GmrGrl

Return to General Discussion